Forums:
Politics

Mother Accused of Smothering Three Children

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
diane9258 On February 09, 2010

Top secret location, United St
#1New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 21:16:48
Paula Eleazar Mendez, 43, was in a county jail Sunday after being treated at a hospital for swallowing a toxic substance.
She had collapsed as officers arrived at her home Saturday morning in response to a telephone call from the children's father in New York. Inside the home, the officers found the bodies of the children, ages 6 to 8, lying side-by-side on a bed, said Chris Brackett, an investigator with the Sevier County Sheriff's Office.
"I do not believe there is any dispute as to who killed these three children, and therefore who will be charged," prosecutor Tom Cooper said. "However, we have not determined at this time the particular homicide charge or punishment we will be seeking."
The notes found inside the house may help official better understand what led to the killings, De Queen Police Chief Richard McKinley said, though he declined to disclose their contents.
A family priest who visited Mendez in a hospital Saturday night described her as profoundly sorrowful.
"She has tremendous remorse. She is deeply sorry," the Rev. Salvador Marquez-Munoz said Sunday before entering St. Barbara Catholic Church for Mass. "She asked for our prayers and forgiveness because she is realizing how much she has hurt the community, as well."
Cooper said an emergency room doctor told him Mendez had not ingested enough of the toxic substance to kill herself.
Autopsies were planned on the children's bodies to determine if they had been poisoned or smothered, as their mother told police, Cooper said. He said the children's faces were not covered when police found them inside the home.
Authorities did not release the names of the three children, but said they were a twin boy and an 8-year-old girl. The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported the twins were 6-year-old Samanta and Samuel Morales.
The priest said Mendez, who moved to the United States from Mexico 10 years ago, had lived in New York until last summer when she moved with her children to De Queen because wanted them to live in a safer environment.
The father remained in New York for economic reasons, the priest said. He said Mendez and the children never missed Sunday services and attended religious education classes.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#2New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 21:18:55
mammothmeat On October 25, 2007

Trondheim, Norway
#3New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 21:26:35
Geez..
tracyann38uk On July 02, 2006

Deleted

Middlesex, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 21:45:36
why do people have bloody kids and do this makes me f***ing sick that women have kids and can just kill them, if they have kids and dont want them , then give them to another member of family and let the kids live on and be happy, I hate it even when you see mothers or even dads hit there kids
dynmyne On June 17, 2007

Hervey Bay, Australia
#5New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 21:55:38
@tracyann38uk Said
why do people have bloody kids and do this makes me f***ing sick that women have kids and can just kill them, if they have kids and dont want them , then give them to another member of family and let the kids live on and be happy, I hate it even when you see mothers or even dads hit there kids

I agree, very well said. I hate it when people hit their kids, and they don't even care if everyone can see them do it. You just want to go up to them and smack them and ask 'how do you like it?'. Well if this woman is not insane she will go to prison and I'm sure she will get what is coming to her.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#6New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 21:59:40
Insane or not she should be dragged up to the top of the emprire state building and flung off! Then kids on the ground can place bets as to where she will land.
dynmyne On June 17, 2007

Hervey Bay, Australia
#7New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 22:03:30
@reiko Said
Insane or not she should be dragged up to the top of the emprire state building and flung off! Then kids on the ground can place bets as to where she will land.

Whats the going odds?
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#8New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 22:04:33
@dynmyne Said
@reiko Said

Whats the going odds?

10 to 1 she lands on the cop car.
dynmyne On June 17, 2007

Hervey Bay, Australia
#9New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 22:07:40
@reiko Said

10 to 1 she lands on the cop car.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs