@Eaglebauer Said

DAMN IT!

I'm giving you kudos to make up for it.

Kewl!
Unthinkablyclever On August 12, 2011

Phila, Pennsylvania
#17New Post! Aug 03, 2011 @ 00:50:56
@Eaglebauer Said

This more or less is the perfect reply I think.

Your son obviously means that his friends are boys and that he likes playing with them...which for a five year old boy is completely healthy (my younger son is also five). And his father was completely misconstruing that.

Like Leon said, you ought to confront him about it but do it when your son isn't around.

I totally agree and i should of confronted him while my son wasnt around. I need to work on not acting on my emotions.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#18New Post! Aug 03, 2011 @ 00:57:21
@Unthinkablyclever Said

I totally agree and i should of confronted him while my son wasnt around. I need to work on not acting on my emotions.

Yes, and that wasn't really a rebuke. My eldest son's mother and I are divorced and I know first hand how difficult it can be at times to keep from blowing up.

You'll make mistakes....you're a human like the rest of us...but you'll learn from them.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#19New Post! Aug 03, 2011 @ 02:18:04
Do you refer to your female friends as your "girlfriends" ? Maybe that's where he got the idea from.

In any case, kids say funny things all the time. It should be taken lightly. And even if my kid were discovering sexuality at an early age I'd hope I'd do everything I could to support them and accept them.
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#20New Post! Aug 03, 2011 @ 02:24:54
I don't get what he is worried about. Doesn't he know that gay is hereditary? If he isn't gay then his kid can't be gay, unless your side had a double dose of gay, you aren't gay are you?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! Aug 03, 2011 @ 02:37:54
@drman321 Said

I don't get what he is worried about. Doesn't he know that gay is hereditary? If he isn't gay then his kid can't be gay, unless your side had a double dose of gay, you aren't gay are you?

My grandpa was a quarter lesbian.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Aug 03, 2011 @ 07:56:43
Perhaps you should sit down and talk to your husband/ partner about this.

See if he is reacting this way over a simple choice of words a child makes how will he react in other situations.

It is important to love the child for who they are and not what you want them to be because invariably a child will take its own path eventually. You nurture not control.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#23New Post! Aug 03, 2011 @ 08:18:51
@Unthinkablyclever Said

I had a debate about my son with his father. See, my son just turned 5yrs old. The other day he made a statement "I don't have girlfriends I have boyfriends" and His father went crazy. Now me, i was trying not interfere with his father as he was totally going off on my son,cause you know he was doing his fatherly talk but i had to intervene. I had to put this fool in his place because it is clear that a 5yr old don't know anything about boyfriend/girlfriend relationships on an intamite level..right??? All my son knows is he have fun playing cars and trains with his little friends. Am i wrong for wanting to bodyslam my boyfriend for making my son feel like he did something wrong? He even told my son it was gay to say that. Do this idiot even knows that our son don't even know what gay is?? We had a huge argument over this.. Should i have just kept my mouth closed? Was i wrong?

You were right. This is YOUR son. I can remember saying, "I hate girls" when I was about 7 or 8 years old. I also remember my Dad saying, "Oh you may think that now, but, in a few years you're going to have a whole new outlook on girls." At that time I thought he was crazy.

Your boyfriend is homophobic. Tell him he was wrong for saying what he said.

J.R.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs