Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#16New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 00:14:23
@Junkyard_Jim Said

Enough fault to go around to both sides. Obama says he's willing to consider spending cuts of varying levels, but he has never given details regarding the potential areas targeted. The GOP, on the other hand, has. Currently, the President is still not identifying what areas to cut although congressional dems are looking at US defense. https://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11205/1162266-373-0.stm

From the news report link: ""Journalists have reported Mr. Obama's claim he offered $1.7 trillion in spending cuts during closed door negotiations with Republicans, but, again, the president has provided no details.

The president isn't alone in fiscal delinquency. Senate Democrats haven't presented a budget in more than two years, even though the law requires the majority party to do so each year.""

One of the unheralded reasons we are where we are appears in the quote. Neither Obama or the previous Democrat Congress passed a budget when they should have. Hard not to put some blame there. I'll go with the GOP on this one.

Yeah let's conveniently leave out where the usa borrowed heavily from China to pay for the wealthy tax rebates!!!!!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#17New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 00:18:55
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

Your 'pronounciation' is closer to reality than that of the media in general. Congratulations!

Boehner = Böhner from the German, Bohne, meaning 'bean', or bohnern, meaning to polish or to wax, i.e., bring to a shine.

This is an all ages forum.
There will be NO polishing, waxing, or shining of Boehners here!
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#18New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 01:10:37
@shinobinoz Said

You are evidence of that fact,... as your comment, a display of that kind of snickering, prepubescent sarcasm, woefully illustrates.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#19New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 01:20:55
@Electric_Banana Said

I don't sit too closely next to men with Boehners.

You know, I don't either......could be why i'am not getting laid!
Junkyard_Jim On August 30, 2011

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#20New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 03:27:08
@shinobinoz Said

Yeah let's conveniently leave out where the usa borrowed heavily from China to pay for the wealthy tax rebates!!!!!

So you can learn more specifically and accurately from where those tax rebates came. https://www.newsvine.com/_news/2008/04/06/1415922-is-china-paying-for-us-taxpayer-rebates

And speaking of who borrowed money from the Chinese. https://www.examiner.com/long-island-democrat-in-new-york/obama-borrows-1-200-000-000-from-china-to-spend-on-cycling-and-walking-as-america-nears-bankruptcy
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#21New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 23:53:30
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

You are evidence of that fact,... as your comment, a display of that kind of snickering, prepubescent sarcasm, woefully illustrates.

Why thank you!!!!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#22New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 23:56:20
@Junkyard_Jim Said

So you can learn more specifically and accurately from where those tax rebates came. https://www.newsvine.com/_news/2008/04/06/1415922-is-china-paying-for-us-taxpayer-rebates

And speaking of who borrowed money from the Chinese. https://www.examiner.com/long-island-democrat-in-new-york/obama-borrows-1-200-000-000-from-china-to-spend-on-cycling-and-walking-as-america-nears-bankruptcy

I stand corrected. We borrowed from Japan with China a close second.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#23New Post! Jul 26, 2011 @ 23:27:12
@PTF Said

Boehner, Obama trading blame
provided by DAVID ESPO - AP

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker John Boehner abruptly broke off talks with President Barack Obama Friday night on a deal to make major cuts in federal spending and avert a threatened government default, sending already uncertain compromise efforts into instant crisis.

Within minutes, an obviously peeved Obama virtually ordered congressional leaders to the White House Saturday morning for fresh negotiations on raising the nation's debt limit. "We've got to get it done. It is not an option not to do it," he declared.

For the first time since talks began, he declined to offer assurances, when asked, that default would be avoided. Moments later, however, he said he was confident of that outcome.

At a rebuttal news conference of his own a short while later in the Capitol, Boehner said, "I want to be entirely clear, no one wants default on the full faith and credit of the United States government, and I'm convinced that we will not."

The two men offered sharply different accounts of the compromise efforts so far and who was at fault for the collapse.

"I've been left at the altar now a couple of times," Obama said wryly.

"It's the president who walked away from his agreement," Boehner contended.

The speaker said Obama wanted higher taxes and not enough spending cuts.

--------------------------------------

Help Help Help Why is this dude defiant ?
He still wants higher taxes !
Obama is playing games...instead of worrying about the collaspe of the economy.

You do realize that your title and your opening comments have no relation to each other right?

The title implies both are at fault for this protracted state of affairs, something I would not deny, but your comments give Boehner a free-pass.

Not even the article you quoted does that...
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#24New Post! Jul 27, 2011 @ 02:50:44
Obama is at fault.
The concerns are mounting.
If the NFL can come to a agreement so can Obama.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#25New Post! Jul 27, 2011 @ 03:35:39
@PTF Said

Obama is at fault.
The concerns are mounting.
If the NFL can come to a agreement so can Obama.

AND Boehner. It takes two people to come to an agreement.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#26New Post! Jul 29, 2011 @ 00:09:38
@shinobinoz Said

@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

*Beavis & Butthead voiceover* "Uh hu! uh hu! They're talking about Boehners package again"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs