The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

In love with my ex's brother who doesn't like me, BUT I do still have feelings fo

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Matruska On January 22, 2014

Jakobstad, Finland
#1New Post! Jul 22, 2011 @ 11:01:21
This is quite complicated... Me and my ex were together for about 7 months. I broke up in may, because of the distance between us. I didn't want a distance-relationship. But after that we've just been good friends, and we've been talking on the phone almost every day. I told him that I like him as a friend, and asked him if he's still in love with me. He said that he might be. I still have some feeelings left for him... He's btw 7 years older than me. By the time we were together it was great. We met as often as we could. Just on weekends and holidays though. I went to him, or he went to me. He's a wonderful man, even if he sometimes should think more before he opens his mouth... Basicly he's a great guy. And quite good looking too. And smart.

Then it's his brother, who's 9 years older than me. First time I saw him was the day me and my ex had decided to start our relationship. It was on the railway station, and the two brothers should share the same train to a certain city, where the older one should change train. Anyway, my ex introduced me to his brother, and the moment I saw his brother I got butterflies in my belly. He was SO HANDSOME. And during me and my ex's relationship I thought about his brother many times, and in January me and my ex had a 'double date' with another couple, and I suggested to invite his brother who also was in town. It went out great, even if I was nerveous. But now my ex has said that his brother doesn't like me even as a friend, neither does their dad. I don't know what I've done wrong... And this brother has obviously a girlfriend. I tried to hide my feelings towards the brother to my ex, but it wasn't that easy...

I feel that later on, maybe in the fall, I'm ready to try again with my ex, but still I have feelings for his brother...

What should I do?! Please help me
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#2New Post! Jul 22, 2011 @ 11:18:56
@Matruska Said

This is quite complicated... Me and my ex were together for about 7 months. I broke up in may, because of the distance between us. I didn't want a distance-relationship. But after that we've just been good friends, and we've been talking on the phone almost every day. I told him that I like him as a friend, and asked him if he's still in love with me. He said that he might be. I still have some feeelings left for him... He's btw 7 years older than me. By the time we were together it was great. We met as often as we could. Just on weekends and holidays though. I went to him, or he went to me. He's a wonderful man, even if he sometimes should think more before he opens his mouth... Basicly he's a great guy. And quite good looking too. And smart.

Then it's his brother, who's 9 years older than me. First time I saw him was the day me and my ex had decided to start our relationship. It was on the railway station, and the two brothers should share the same train to a certain city, where the older one should change train. Anyway, my ex introduced me to his brother, and the moment I saw his brother I got butterflies in my belly. He was SO HANDSOME. And during me and my ex's relationship I thought about his brother many times, and in January me and my ex had a 'double date' with another couple, and I suggested to invite his brother who also was in town. It went out great, even if I was nerveous. But now my ex has said that his brother doesn't like me even as a friend, neither does their dad. I don't know what I've done wrong... And this brother has obviously a girlfriend. I tried to hide my feelings towards the brother to my ex, but it wasn't that easy...

I feel that later on, maybe in the fall, I'm ready to try again with my ex, but still I have feelings for his brother...

What should I do?! Please help me

If what your X said is true, then I would just find a new boyfriend and forget the X and his whole bunch. But thats just me. I just give 'em one shot. When it's over, it's over for good.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 22, 2011 @ 11:24:47
If the brother is already in a relationship and has not encouraged you at all or made any effort to leave his lady then it would suggest he is not interested in being with you.

As for the ex, it almsot comes across as if you would get back toegther with him as some sort of second best runner up. that would not be fair on him to play with his emoptions like that, epsecially if he already might still be in love with you. From what you have siad you are not in love with him so I would say to steer clear form both of these men. Have some time on your own and then start to think about what you want when you have your head in a bettr palce
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 22, 2011 @ 12:32:18
Forget about both of them and move on.
chief_big On June 12, 2013

haggisville, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 22, 2011 @ 15:09:54
muwahahahaha................aahahaahahahah.... sorry I'll just leave now
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others