Risks

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 13:39:40
@hoppy Said

Yeah, I took risks and yeah, I got the scars.

Are you glad you did though?
Ennbad On February 04, 2012

Sancta Terra,
#17New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 14:24:10
One of the biggest risks I've ever taken was going through the monkey bars for the first time when I was four.
I know it sounds silly, but you have to idea how scared I was just hanging on that first bar and being unable to move to the next.
The result of that was horrid: my brother (who was six at the time) had been right behind me waiting for his turn and he became extremely impatient. He pushed me off when I wouldn't budge, and I fell at an awkward angle on a great heap of rocks. A bone popped out of my left arm (through the skin and all), and before the surgery, doctors told my parents that even if they could 'fix' my arm, I would never be able to function with it properly and it would always be twisted.
Luckily, the surgery was a complete success, and I have full function of my left arm.

But it's little things (like trying out the monkey bars) that can impact you for the rest of your life.
Do I regret trying out the monkey bars? No; as soon as my arm healed, I would practice at school at the playground. And I'm really fond of the scar I have on my arm now. My mom wants me to get rid of it with plastic surgery, but I say nay. It stays.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#18New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 14:25:30
@sister_of_mercy Said

Are you glad you did though?

I had a ball.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#19New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 14:56:41
Everyday risks aside, yes I take risks. I've taken a lot of chances and risks in my past.
In present day, I've risked things for a better job, a better home and even friendships. In my job I deal with risks a lot. We have to weigh all the factors before we can make a decision. In fact, I was just in a meeting where we are looking to take a big risk, and were discussing if the benefits will out weigh the impact.

I've also passed up big risks and sometimes I regret it.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 15:05:24
I never thought I was a risktaker but looking back on the past year I've taken some pretty big risks. Moving to London far away from everyone I knew, meeting people from Twitter, going to a festival on my own, etc. I always worry that I don't take enough risks though and that I'll always be regretting not doing something.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 15:53:42
umm yes, mine have all been pretty stupid risks and I am lucky to be alive really.

Still, the one I think I probably share with most people is "Is there more"? Thats a big risk, especially if you are comfy.
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 16:36:26
Yeah I take risks, but I decide whether to take them by both following my gut instinct and weighing things up so I prefer to see them as an opportunity. When risks don't work out I tweak them to my advantage as best I can, such as right now I'm really glad I took the risk of moving down to London away from all my family and friends, it could've all gone wrong, god forbid it could've ended me and neil and I could've ended up here all alone with a massive rent to pay, but thankfully it's all worked out and made us even stronger and closer, however the one bit that didn't pay off was taking my job as I hate it, but it's ok cos I tweaked and am starting a new job in September that I'm confident I will love. Other big risks were starting a relationship with my close friend and house mate. Moving away from home at 18 to do nursing at uni, no one thought I could do it, not even my parents, showed them eh! Also moving to both Derby and Liverpool not knowing a soul, building up a life there and friends, it took a while, about a year in both places but I don't regret a minute of it cos it cured my shyness with new people, I make friends really easily now and made some great memories and great friends.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#23New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 16:51:56
I thought of one risk I took a long long time ago. It was pretty big and could have had a very bad outcome. It turned out I learned a valuable life lesson. Not to say what I did was right, but that particular risk taught me not to judge a book by it's cover and sometimes you need to have faith in others.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 16:52:49
I just cooked some burgers. Im damn lucky the grill didnt blow up in my face or that I didnt fall on a knife or that my cat didnt "come at me bro"
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 18:20:59
as a rule im a complete wuss but there was a time where i took a spectaculr risk, im lucky really. i survived but it could have a gone horribly wrong
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Jul 18, 2011 @ 18:34:39
I don't take physical risks that put me in danger but I do things which risk me looking like an idiot quite often.

Normally alcohol is involved, sober me is safety first.

Most recent risk I took was to put vegemite on my bagel yesterday. It was disgusting, but I took the risk.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs