The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

SOON we are going to have A ONE WORLD ONLINE GOVERNMENT! This will setup UTOPIA!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12
Dredd On August 16, 2015

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#166New Post! Aug 09, 2014 @ 14:20:17
So that would be 3 GUYS left on the entire planet. Not sure that is such a good idea
Dredd On August 16, 2015

#167New Post! Aug 09, 2014 @ 14:25:20
@chaski Said

To make any difference, one would have to kill the vast majority... upwards of 6.75 billion...maybe more.

Give nature some time. We humans will be our own source of extinction. Then Utopia will start.

Half a billion left may be about right actually, then we would have to resort to hillfort bronze age society rather than the connected world, which has started us in the s***ter we are now, globally available resources rather than living to your means in the area you are is responsible for the inhumanity towards each other and the devastation we have inflicted on the planet. Dont believe me(as I know I can come across as a fanatic at some times on this topic) look at open cast mining, the areas stripped in some parts of the world are huge, not just a few football fields.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#168New Post! Aug 09, 2014 @ 15:14:07
@Dredd Said

Dont believe me(as I know I can come across as a fanatic at some times on this topic.....

I am with you on this one.

I just saw an interesting set of pictures comparing the growth of a tumor with it outward extending tendrils (veins?) and the growth of a city with its outward extending highway systems.

While the pictures may have been a bit "contrived", the similarity was still rather striking.
Dredd On August 16, 2015

#169New Post! Aug 09, 2014 @ 16:29:20
@chaski Said

I am with you on this one.

I just saw an interesting set of pictures comparing the growth of a tumor with it outward extending tendrils (veins?) and the growth of a city with its outward extending highway systems.

While the pictures may have been a bit "contrived", the similarity was still rather striking.

There is also a similar set of time lapse of a mould starting in the middle of a pitri dish then spreading outward from the center looking for more resources.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#170New Post! Aug 09, 2014 @ 16:50:57
@Hypnotica Said

Until someone wants freedom from the one world Goverment.

No Empire has survived the test of time.
I dont think it is actually possible to effectively rule the whole world.
Unless we kill off a large number of people (it will be a statistic not a tragedy).
And if we start reporgramming peoples mind so they follow their primary objective.

You never know though. Nothing wrong with trying.

yes that's true but it would (hopefully) be the only source of conflict ..rather than the religious, ethnic, territorial and ego driven conflicts that we have experienced till now.and yes, there would need to be a gradual reduction of population programme ..if that isn't done then humans will go on wiping each other out and more so because resources are already under enormous strain.
Dredd On August 16, 2015

#171New Post! Aug 09, 2014 @ 18:04:27
@offbeat Said

yes that's true but it would (hopefully) be the only source of conflict ..rather than the religious, ethnic, territorial and ego driven conflicts that we have experienced till now.and yes, there would need to be a gradual reduction of population programme ..if that isn't done then humans will go on wiping each other out and more so because resources are already under enormous strain.

So actually it wouldn't be utopia then would it?
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#172New Post! Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:23:31
@Dredd Said

So actually it wouldn't be utopia then would it?

problem is ..to ensure you never get dissent from the populace regarding a leaders decision ..you would need to put some mind control in place .. I personally wouldn't be against this as long as the it was applied to everyone.humans on the whole can't be trusted to be unselfish.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#173New Post! Aug 17, 2014 @ 18:50:18
If we want a Utopia, why did we stop Hitler?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#174New Post! Aug 17, 2014 @ 19:52:13
@Hypnotica Said

If we want a Utopia, why did we stop Hitler?

Two reasons (probably among many):

1. His methodology used to achieve "utopia" was deemed inappropriate.

2. His version of "utopia" did not include most of "us".

As it turns out, most utopias (or at least the designs of most utopias) are flawed.

Plato's republic was only a "utopia" for the elite or privileged (IMO)...there were 3 classes of people: producers (craftsmen, farmers, artisans, etc.), auxiliaries (warriors), and guardians (rulers). Each class must stick to its class and function to make the Republic (utopia) work.

While it has certainly been a lively debate for hundreds of years, it seems to me that the producers and the auxiliaries are ultimately the slaves of the guardians .

On the other hand, in the western world those in power, as well as the poor, are dependent on the middle (working) class... so one could argue that the middle "working" class are today's slaves.... though I am sure that idea would be repulsive to many...
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#175New Post! Aug 17, 2014 @ 20:51:36
@chaski Said

2. His version of "utopia" did not include most of "us".

As it turns out, most utopias (or at least the designs of most utopias) are flawed.

Plato's republic was only a "utopia" for the elite or privileged (IMO)...there were 3 classes of people: producers (craftsmen, farmers, artisans, etc.), auxiliaries (warriors), and guardians (rulers). Each class must stick to its class and function to make the Republic (utopia) work.

While it has certainly been a lively debate for hundreds of years, it seems to me that the producers and the auxiliaries are ultimately the slaves of the guardians .

On the other hand, in the western world those in power, as well as the poor, are dependent on the middle (working) class... so one could argue that the middle "working" class are today's slaves.... though I am sure that idea would be repulsive to many...

Well you cant make an Omellette without cracking a few eggs. Any Utopia probably wouldnt please everyone.

Which is probably why there never has, isnt and never will be a Utopia.

Unless someone kills everyone who disagree's. Then in the aftermath there will be peace, until someone gets liberated and the cycle repeats itself yet again. Or uses brainwashing.

I agree with what you say about the poor living off the workers.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#176New Post! Aug 17, 2014 @ 20:54:40
@Hypnotica Said

I agree with what you say about the poor living off the workers.

And the rich...both.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs