Keep it alive!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
mammothmeat On October 25, 2007

Trondheim, Norway
#16New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 00:05:50
You speak words of wisdom there babyrs!
I'm single, so I don't have to worry about that.

But very true words!
BabyRS On February 14, 2015

, Singapore
#17New Post! Jan 30, 2006 @ 06:05:34
@mammothmeat Said
You speak words of wisdom there babyrs!
I'm single, so I don't have to worry about that.

But very true words!

Well... at least when you decide that couple-dom cannot be defied any longer - you would know what to do.

heaven On October 19, 2008

Mombasa, Kenya
#18New Post! Jan 30, 2006 @ 09:43:30
Aaaah its also sad how most people think relationships end with an affair or something equally explosive!! In fact, most end gradually, sliding down a slope of complaint, criticism, defensiveness and withdrawal...until its difficult to scramble back!

I always make sure that I keep my priorities straight. These are the three points i abide by and have worked perfectly for me...

Point one: I make it a priority to ENSURE that I pencil in dates especially during the time when we have the busiest of schedules for dinner out, day trips, picnics and just plain old spending time together.

Point two: We cut each other some slack, give each other the benefit of the doubt. Never jump to conclusions about ANYTHING. Trust. That's what holds any relationship together.

and

Point three: NEVER let casual intimacy vanish. Offer compliments, touch each other, laugh over private jokes...shower together. Nothing works better at keeping a relationship going than making each other's presence felt in delightful ways that dont JUST involve sex.
kerrigwen On May 13, 2008

Mississauga, Canada
#19New Post! Jan 30, 2006 @ 19:51:17
*taking diligent notes*

(For when the time comes. )

Hmmmmmm.....y'know, maybe my parents should read this. It's probably way past their 'fixable' date, but god knows they could use the advice.

, Singapore
#20New Post! Jan 30, 2006 @ 20:29:02
trust heaven to know... her advice should be packaged and sold - it'll make us millionares!

tried and tested too.
tracyann38uk On July 02, 2006

Deleted

Middlesex, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Feb 01, 2006 @ 17:47:38
I think me and my hubby take each other for granted, we say we love each other every day but sometimes I feel I love him but am I in love with him when the spark goes you just take each day as it comes and hope for the best,sometimes I feel we are more like best friends instead of man and wife

, Singapore
#22New Post! Feb 01, 2006 @ 18:50:21
@tracyann38uk Said
I think me and my hubby take each other for granted, we say we love each other every day but sometimes I feel I love him but am I in love with him when the spark goes you just take each day as it comes and hope for the best,sometimes I feel we are more like best friends instead of man and wife

Being best friends is more than a lot of people can ever hope for! There are those who are married... yet don't really know what it's like to be able to share everything like the way best friends do. The spark may well need igniting, but the flint will always be there.
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#23New Post! Feb 02, 2006 @ 06:47:52
When you have been married many years, have gone through a great trial, or have lost that special "something," it is sometimes necessary to do something to bring some life back into your relationship. Many couple are getting "remarried" to each other in a special ceremony in front of close family and friends. This can be as lavish or as simple as you want to make it. Recommitting yourself to your marriage can often do wonders to restore your love for each other!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs