Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#46New Post! May 30, 2011 @ 14:08:35
@fitzyp Said

It is true that clearly there are plenty on the right who attack the same things they supported under Bush. There also are some on the left who are now supporting policies they hated under Bush. The rational on both sides however should at least hold mostly consistent.

You would think. I guess it depend on who's political ox is getting gored- but then ....... what you said!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#47New Post! May 30, 2011 @ 14:09:49
@hoppy Said

And you people who attacked Bush but now worship Obama are not guilty of the same damn thing? C'mon, no one is that stupid.

???????????? That was what was said.
hoppy =
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#48New Post! May 31, 2011 @ 06:29:52
@shinobinoz Said

Here at TFS examples?

@shinobinoz Said

And your posts here at TFS stating this when created under and extended during Bush?

You do realize both posters signed up in 2010, AFTER Bush left office, right? I highly doubt they'd have posts complaining about it during Bush's term even if it was all they talked about during his reign.

McKinney, Texas
#49New Post! May 31, 2011 @ 06:31:51
@buffalobill90 Said

Why are all these acts given such obnoxious names?

Because Americans love acronyms. It might be true for other countries too, but it's certainly true here.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#50New Post! May 31, 2011 @ 15:10:03
@shinobinoz Said

And your posts here at TFS stating this when created under and extended during Bush?

There are no posts here on TFS from me during Bush's administration . I wasn't a member here .

@shinobinoz Said

And if you'll take notice- you are siding with mainly Democrats on this issue. Look at all of the "D"s in your cited links?

And your point is ?
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#51New Post! May 31, 2011 @ 21:42:10
@crazylikeafox Said

Because Americans love acronyms. It might be true for other countries too, but it's certainly true here.

Wow. I didn't even know until know that it was an acronym. And, it's worse than I thought since it's actually called the "USA PATRIOT act"

Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#52New Post! May 31, 2011 @ 21:44:43
@crazylikeafox Said

You do realize both posters signed up in 2010, AFTER Bush left office, right? I highly doubt they'd have posts complaining about it during Bush's term even if it was all they talked about during his reign.

If they say so. Seems like some posters from the past we all know too well though.
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#53New Post! Jun 01, 2011 @ 05:48:11
@hoppy Said

And you people who attacked Bush but now worship Obama are not guilty of the same damn thing? C'mon, no one is that stupid.

My post was three sentences long yet you seemingly did not understand it before you replied.
Here is what I said in the simplest possible terms:
Democratic partisans: hated the patriot act but now don't make a whimper.
Republican partisans: loved the patriot act but now it has suddenly become an invasion of freedoms. This group appears to be the one in which you are a member.
Non-partisans: Whether they supported it or not, they have remained consistent in their views.

McKinney, Texas
#54New Post! Jun 02, 2011 @ 05:49:17
@someone_else Said

Wow. I didn't even know until know that it was an acronym. And, it's worse than I thought since it's actually called the "USA PATRIOT act"

Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism

I forgot about the USA part, but yep it's an acronym. It seems like Washington won't make a new law or create a new program without sticking an acronym in it's title.

@fitzyp Said

My post was three sentences long yet you seemingly did not understand it before you replied.
Republican partisans: loved the patriot act but now it has suddenly become an invasion of freedoms. This group appears to be the one in which you are a member.
Non-partisans: Whether they supported it or not, they have remained consistent in their views.

That's politics for you. It turns the intelligent into dumb asses and the consistent into hypocrites.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#55New Post! Jun 02, 2011 @ 17:12:40
@fitzyp Said

Agreed.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#56New Post! Jun 02, 2011 @ 17:13:10
@crazylikeafox Said

I forgot about the USA part, but yep it's an acronym. It seems like Washington won't make a new law or create a new program without sticking an acronym in it's title.

That's politics for you. It turns the intelligent into dumb asses and the consistent into hypocrites.

Has that strange tendency doesn't it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs