The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Tornado hit my town and the house is gone. Help? Lost everything.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#91New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 08:58:39
@plebian_angel Said

I know a few people on other sites from that area that are finding ways to get on.

Surely there's more important things to be doing than posting on a forum though? I mean yeah, contact your family on Facebook or something by all means but it seems a little pointless to come and post on here. And I'm sorry to say that I don't really believe the OP, actually.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#92New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 09:02:33
@Silver_Lining Said

How are they doing it?

@x_Laura_x Said

Surely there's more important things to be doing than posting on a forum though? I mean yeah, contact your family on Facebook or something by all means but it seems a little pointless to come and post on here. And I'm sorry to say that I don't really believe the OP, actually.

Most people have to wait for the insurance adjusters before they can do anything. I dont' know if I believe the OP or not, I just know that some people are at relatives or friends who were not hit. I don't know if they are in the tornado hit area or not though.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#93New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 09:08:30
@x_Laura_x Said

And I'm sorry to say that I don't really believe the OP, actually.

You're not the only one.
JasonW1989 On May 30, 2011

Melbourne, Australia
#94New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 09:48:48
@x_Laura_x Said

@Silver_Lining Said

You're not the only one.

I have no idea why anyone would. Look at the troll threads she's made.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#95New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 09:49:56
@JasonW1989 Said

I have no idea why anyone would. Look at the troll threads she's made.

My point exactly... with her track record, I see no reason why I should believe this thread. I think it's yet another attention thing.
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#96New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 10:32:09
@Silver_Lining Said

You're not the only one.

Same here, I thought it was a bit odd too!
lilbug On June 30, 2011

Deleted

Collins, Missouri
#97New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 11:49:21
@x_Laura_x Said

My point exactly... with her track record, I see no reason why I should believe this thread. I think it's yet another attention thing.

Well, if that's true, then this is just sad, and the OP has bigger issues than any tornado.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#98New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 12:02:28
@lilbug Said

Well, if that's true, then this is just sad, and the OP has bigger issues than any tornado.

We all know she has issues anyway.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#99New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 12:04:40
@lilbug Said

You're a new member (welcome!) - you've not had to sit here and witness the crap she comes out with on a regular basis. Now if she genuinely was caught up in the tornado, I apologise and I hope she is safe, but based on her character and her postings from the last months I'd say this is probably attention-seeking crap.

It's a bit of a "boy who cried wolf" scenario.
lilbug On June 30, 2011

Deleted

Collins, Missouri
#100New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 12:35:54
@x_Laura_x Said

You're a new member (welcome!) - you've not had to sit here and witness the crap she comes out with on a regular basis. Now if she genuinely was caught up in the tornado, I apologise and I hope she is safe, but based on her character and her postings from the last months I'd say this is probably attention-seeking crap.

It's a bit of a "boy who cried wolf" scenario.

Thanks for the welcome!!

I'm new member here, but not a stranger to forums and attention seeking folks. I get what you're sayin.

What I find peculiar is the OP does not actually list the city she is from in Missouri on her profile *raises eyebrows*

To the OP..if this is a put on, you're making us fellow Missourians look bad. Most of us are proud and humble folks. It's hard for us to take a hand-out, but you better bet we're there for friends and neighbors who need help. If you're using the hardship of others to get attention, you need to seek help.

And just so ya know, attention seeking may get you immediate gratification, but in the long run, as is apparent here, folks get fed up with the 'poor me' act. Too many folks are struggling in this country to be bothered with someone who sucks the life out of them with their constant neediness. Strength and character are so much more appealing.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#101New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 12:41:48
@lilbug Said

Thanks for the welcome!!

I'm new member here, but not a stranger to forums and attention seeking folks. I get what you're sayin.

What I find peculiar is the OP does not actually list the city she is from in Missouri on her profile *raises eyebrows*

To the OP..if this is a put on, you're making us fellow Missourians look bad. Most of us are proud and humble folks. It's hard for us to take a hand-out, but you better bet we're there for friends and neighbors who need help. If you're using the hardship of others to get attention, you need to seek help.

And just so ya know, attention seeking may get you immediate gratification, but in the long run, as is apparent here, folks get fed up with the 'poor me' act. Too many folks are struggling in this country to be bothered with someone who sucks the life out of them with their constant neediness. Strength and character are so much more appealing.

Take a look at her posts from recent months, we're already fed up with it. Again, that's not to say that's she's lying this time. But see what I mean about the "boy who cried wolf"? She's posted so much crap before that people don't believe her this time. She could genuinely be in the midst of the devastation and no one believes her. Sad.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#102New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 17:52:05
Horrible news I'm so sorry for you.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#103New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 17:57:06
@Leon Said

Best he answer lol.

But pretty much everywhere has its natural disasters.

Some places have relatively more than others...
dark_angel1715 On February 27, 2013

hell GFY, Missouri
#104New Post! Jun 01, 2011 @ 18:47:19
@Silver_Lining Said

How are they doing it?

We're staying at a friend's house and they have power.
dark_angel1715 On February 27, 2013

hell GFY, Missouri
#105New Post! Jun 01, 2011 @ 19:24:21
I generally don't like to put too much personal information online, which is y I don't even have a pic, but yeah, I live in Joplin. We're staying at nearby Webb City now.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs