American Idol

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#151New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 13:15:34
@jonnythan Said

Well, first of all, that wouldn't be ironic.

Second of all, she was in the bottom 3 on these dates:

3/10
3/17
4/14
4/21
5/19

She was not in the bottom 3 on these dates:

3/3
3/24
3/31
4/7
4/28
5/5
5/12

She was on VFTW on 5/12 and 5/19.

I used the term loosely and wasn't really thinking, and I surely didn't have or want to take the time to go find those dates. That's all just not that serious to me, I quite frankly just didn't like her and that is the bottomline for me. lol
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#152New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 13:19:31
Ah yes. When you misuse a word, you meant it loosely. When you are completely wrong about a factual claim, it's just not serious to you.

There's some accountability and responsibility!
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#155New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 13:44:05
@jonnythan Said

You cared enough to make an incorrect factual claim about something, but you don't care enough that you are interested in whether the claim is true or not.

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but when I make a factual claim and someone demonstrates that it's completely wrong, I don't brush it off as "oh well I didn't mean it seriously anyway! Good grief come off it, I just don't care about it."

I say "wow, I was completely wrong. Thanks for pointing that out - now I know better." This is more evidence of how my mind works differently from most: I care enough about knowledge and reality to understand and appreciate when people correct me when I'm completely wrong about something. I don't brush s*** off as "oh I don't care" - obviously I did care enough since I posted about it in the first place.

BACK OFF! I clearly stated when I made my comment THAT I WAS NOT SURE or did you not read that? That comment was intended to let the readers know "hey, i am not entirely sure, so if you want to find out, go google it".

You really suffer from insecurities if you are seriously ruffled over someone not saying WOW JONNY, THANK YOU, YOU ADDED TO MY KNOWLEDGE BASE!

Most people do not need that affirmation when they create a post on a forum.

An incorrect factual claim would have been my stating it without "but i am not sure" behind it.

And no, you do not appreciate it when people correct you when you are wrong as I have seen it happen countless times, and your response was not one of appreciation.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#156New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 13:50:56
@GSnap Said

BACK OFF! I clearly stated when I made my comment THAT I WAS NOT SURE or did you not read that? That comment was intended to let the readers know "hey, i am not entirely sure, so if you want to find out, go google it".

"And I do believe the two weeks she was vote for the worst ironically were around the two weeks she suddenly wasn't in the bottom three."

You said you believe it, but you're not 100% sure. Then when you were corrected, you didn't say "oh thanks I guess I was wrong." That's what I would have said.

You said "That's all just not that serious to me." You cared enough to make the initial claim that "I do believe..." but not enough to acknowledge the fact that what you believe was wrong.

@GSnap Said
You really suffer from insecurities if you are seriously ruffled over someone not saying WOW JONNY, THANK YOU, YOU ADDED TO MY KNOWLEDGE BASE!

Most people do not need that affirmation when they create a post on a forum.

You're the one screaming "BACK OFF!" and sarcastically shouting "THANK YOU." I'm clearly not the one "seriously ruffled" here.

*shrug* This really didn't have to turn into a big deal like this.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#157New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 13:55:18
@jonnythan Said

"And I do believe the two weeks she was vote for the worst ironically were around the two weeks she suddenly wasn't in the bottom three."

You said you believe it, but you're not 100% sure. Then when you were corrected, you didn't say "oh thanks I guess I was wrong." That's what I would have said.

You said "That's all just not that serious to me." You cared enough to make the initial claim that "I do believe..." but not enough to acknowledge the fact that what you believe was wrong.

You're the one screaming "BACK OFF!" and sarcastically shouting "THANK YOU." I'm clearly not the one "seriously ruffled" here.

*shrug* This really didn't have to turn into a big deal like this.

Funny how you failed to quote that entire paragraph. You left out the most important piece of this that really makes your argument here moot...."And I do believe the two weeks she was vote for the worst ironically were around the two weeks she suddenly wasn't in the bottom three. I'd have to go check to be sure, but I think it was around that time."

Most readers would read that and realize if they truly wanted to know FOR SURE, they could go google. It was not worded in any way shape or form as fact.

And I said BACK OFF as you are really getting on my nerves in what is supposed to be a fun thread.

Jonnythan I have NEVER seen you graciously accept it when you have been proven wrong by posters here.

I don't have anything personal against YOU, I just don't like the way you constantly ride people over trivial details.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#158New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 14:02:37
@GSnap Said

Funny how you failed to quote that entire paragraph. You left out the most important piece of this that really makes your argument here moot...."And I do believe the two weeks she was vote for the worst ironically were around the two weeks she suddenly wasn't in the bottom three. I'd have to go check to be sure, but I think it was around that time."

Yes, you'd have to go check to be sure.... but you didn't.

I checked for you. No "thanks for checking and correcting me." Just an oh forget the whole thing I don't care" once I showed you were wrong.

Don't take it personally. People are so intimately married to their notions and beliefs that corrections are taken incredibly personally and, for their own sanity, the original notions must be dealt with. Deciding that you never cared about it, or that the person correcting you is an a*****e, etc, are common methods of disconnecting yourself from the initial claim or belief. It's extraordinarily common. I think one of the surest signs of responsibility and maturity is automatically owning the mistake and accepting the new knowledge. Unfortunately this is rather uncommon.

@GSnap Said
And I said BACK OFF as you are really getting on my nerves in what is supposed to be a fun thread.

That's the other point I wanted to make earlier. You are getting aggravated. It was obvious in your post and now you admit it. As you were getting aggravated, you unconsciously started to think I was getting aggravated as well. This is another common mental error made by people. I was never aggravated or ruffled in the least.

What a great learning opportunity this thread has turned out to be

@GSnap Said
Jonnythan I have NEVER seen you graciously accept it when you have been proven wrong by posters here.

Well, a few comments come to mind. First of all, I'm not wrong very often on TFS. Before I state a fact here, I either already know that it's true or go and double check. But I am, of course, wrong occasionally, and when it has been pointed out I have accepted it. I don't see you in the vast majority of threads I participate in so it's no surprise you've never seen me accept it when I've been proven wrong.

@GSnap Said
I just don't like the way you constantly ride people over trivial details.

And I don't like the way you didn't graciously accept it when you were proven wrong.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#159New Post! May 26, 2011 @ 14:15:58
@jonnythan Said

And I don't like the way you didn't graciously accept it when you were proven wrong.

Fair enough. We both didn't like something about the other one's post.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs