Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#16New Post! Apr 23, 2011 @ 14:58:30
@El_Tino Said

The Old Man and the Sea is without a doubt the most horrible book I have ever read.

Allow me to summarize.

There was a man on the sea. He was fishing. It took a long time. Did I mention he was on the sea. He was fishing. There were waves. There was a fish. The man was fishing. He was on the sea.

It's horrible.

So why did you read it then? - Oh wait! You're like me. Once you start something, you simply 'must' finish! (or just a glutton for punishment? )

Also, Crime and Punishment, I thought to be quite dreadful, and depressing; yet still I pushed on and read it to the end.

Although there were some good points to the book; I found it to be quite boring,..and just, 'effectively' depressing.
drummerwannabe On June 17, 2019
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#17New Post! Apr 23, 2011 @ 15:01:10
Moby d***

I just don't understand it and I couldn't read it all the way through. I think I gave up cause I thought it was stupid.. That was a long time ago, I don't remember.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#18New Post! Apr 23, 2011 @ 16:08:02
Lord of the flies did suck. I mean it was okay, but so damn over analyzed that at this point, it's like, OKAY ENOUGH ALREADY.

The Scarlett Letter.

Hawksong <<< HORRIBLE s***E!
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#19New Post! Apr 23, 2011 @ 16:42:27
Jane Eyre, for the same reason that Tino had to read Lord of the Flies.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#20New Post! Apr 23, 2011 @ 16:43:01
@hoppy Said

Why does anyone continue to read a book they don't like?

School assignment.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#21New Post! Apr 23, 2011 @ 17:01:08
@Leon Said

School assignment.

Oh.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#22New Post! Apr 26, 2011 @ 06:27:05
@hoppy Said

Why does anyone continue to read a book they don't like?

Good question
A few books I couldn't get through
-Steppenwolf
-Magic Mountain

@sTreetAngeL Said

So why did you read it then? - Oh wait! You're like me. Once you start something, you simply 'must' finish! (or just a glutton for punishment? )

Something like that. I guess it was short enough that I was able to get through it hoping that something might actually happen...

Another book I had a problem with was Catcher in the Rye.. not my thing.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#23New Post! Apr 26, 2011 @ 06:32:21
@sTreetAngeL Said

Also, Crime and Punishment, I thought to be quite dreadful, and depressing; yet still I pushed on and read it to the end.

Although there were some good points to the book; I found it to be quite boring,..and just, 'effectively' depressing.

BAH! That's one of my favorite books!

Believe me, I don't expect everyone to like the same crap I like though.
Prospero On July 12, 2011

Santa Fe,
#24New Post! Apr 27, 2011 @ 09:42:06
Well, the WORST book I read was a book called Death of a Department Chair. It is difficult to describe all the problems because they were confusing enough just to read... like the book was narrated in first person by one character but supposedly written by another fictional character altogether who was writing based something else... and every character was a lesbian except for the EVIL WOMAN-HATING MURDERER who I think didn't actually murder anyone but who was arrested for murder in the end to everyone's satisfaction (it has one of those Orient Express kind of murders where multiple people contributed... but everyone else was supposed to be morally blameless, mostly because lesbians are so good-hearted I guess.)

Thing is the above book was so bad it was kind of entertaining to read. I think the only book that I hated reading but that I actually finished, was a short story by Poppy Z. Brite that a friend recommended. I don't even remember the name, and all that happened was someone visited the Kali temple in Calcutta and started tripping.

Otherwise I've read terrible things that weren't officially published, like stuff written by friends who "wanted my opinion" and suchlike.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs