The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

The Civil war WAS all about slavery after all.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#46New Post! Apr 14, 2011 @ 03:43:54
@Erimitus Said

From the point of view of the north the ACW was about the abolition of slavery, form the point of view of the south the ACW was about states rights.

Almost right. This correction makes it right.
"From the point of view of the south the ACW was about states rights to have slaves!"
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#47New Post! Apr 14, 2011 @ 03:46:13
@Erimitus Said

Education leads to freedom; that is why it was illegal to educate a slave.

Even today those of us in the service sector (contemporary slaves) are educated to perform a task so we can be employed and serve our masters. Our masters, the CEO who will make more money before lunch than we will make in our entire lifetimes, the top 4% who own 99.9% of everything, stay our masters because of …education.

Though I understand and agree that the system is set against us- I don't think education is the end all here. Many CEO's are not educated but simply have ruthless street smarts.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#48New Post! Apr 14, 2011 @ 03:46:43
@Erimitus Said

the reason the donky is forced to wear blinders is so it cannot see that there are carrots growing all along the side of the road and it does not have to do chase anything just stop and enjoy.

True enough!
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#49New Post! Apr 14, 2011 @ 03:47:39
@shinobinoz Said

Though I understand and agree that the system is set against us- I don't think education is the end all here. Many CEO's are not educated but simply have ruthless street smarts.

YEP!!!
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#50New Post! Apr 14, 2011 @ 03:54:25
On the surface it was about state rights, but deep down it was slavery.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#51New Post! Apr 14, 2011 @ 04:00:24
@shinobinoz Said

Almost right. This correction makes it right.
"From the point of view of the south the ACW was about states rights to have slaves!"

Yes (but) states rights sounds a lot more noble.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#52New Post! Apr 14, 2011 @ 04:07:25
@Erimitus Said

Yes (but) states rights sounds a lot more noble.

Certainly does!
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#53New Post! Apr 14, 2011 @ 04:07:39
It's like many things today that both parties are guilty of when it comes to special interests, oftentimes addressed by coating the desire over with constitutional and/or fundamental rights.

#54New Post! Apr 14, 2011 @ 04:35:08
@shinobinoz Said

I would agree. The polidically adept tend to be in charge while those with the actual skills are subordinate.

Many CEO's made their money the old fashioned way, they inherited it; and they go to better schools. They get those fancy store bought ejumacations.

If you pay 100 gold pieces for something, upper management (CEO) takes 60G, middle mangagement(overseers) takes 30G, and the workers split 10G. This has been my observation; no I do not have a large enough sample to publish.

Faulkner’s ‘Barn Burning’ is an illustration. Abner, the tenant farmer, does all the work, he clears the field, plants the crop, tends the crop, harvests the crop and brings it to market. Abner and his entire family live in a single room dirt floor shack and he is paid just enough to live on. The colonel, who has never done a days work in his life, lives in the mansion. The carpet in the front hall of the mansion costs more than Abner will be paid in a year. For some reason Abner does not think that this is fair. He is a trouble maker. He opposes the Status Quo.

Slavery was abolished and tenant farming and chain gains started. Family farms started but now they are being bought out by large farm corporations. The same goes for Doctors, Dentists, pharmacists, markets, hardware stores, etc.; everything is being bought out by large corporations and we the workers are no more than glorified tenant farmers.

I am not saying that this is good or bad only that it is the way that it is. The CEO will spend more on lunch today than any of us will make in our entire life times. The CEO’s jet will burn more fuel today than we will use to run all the vehicles we will ever own.

Personally I have not problem with this, I am a good slave, I have a place to live, clothing to wear, and food to eat. But Abner, in Faulkner’s ‘Barn Burning’ did not make a good slave and he burned down the colonel’s barn and he was, of course, a criminal.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#55New Post! Apr 14, 2011 @ 04:46:01
It floors me that the top 400 richest in america control more wealth then the bottom 150 million people. That is 150,000,000.
Yet we don't want to tax them even though their profit margin has grown while the rest of us has seen it diminish!

https://www.thomhartmann.com/blog/2011/04/400-super-rich-americans-control-more-wealth-country-150-million-other-americans

#56New Post! Apr 14, 2011 @ 05:01:56
@shinobinoz Said

It floors me that the top 400 richest in america control more wealth then the bottom 150 million people. That is 150,000,000.
Yet we don't want to tax them even though their profit margin has grown while the rest of us has seen it diminish!

https://www.thomhartmann.com/blog/2011/04/400-super-rich-americans-control-more-wealth-country-150-million-other-americans

it floors me that it does not floor more people.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs