The GOP's "adult" plan

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#16New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 05:28:57
@shinobinoz Said

Then the pubs should have done this days ago. What part of "the pubs were holding things up" don't you comprehend?

The part where you forgot to include the Democrats' role in all this. I'm not sure if you realize this, but compromise isn't a 1 way street. It isn't compromise if only 1 side does it, and it certainly isn't reasonable to expect 1 side to do it. Of course, that also means you can't just blame 1 side when Washington refuses to compromise either. What part of "politics isn't black and white" don't you comprehend?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#17New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 05:33:48
@crazylikeafox Said

The part where you forgot to include the Democrats' role in all this. I'm not sure if you realize this, but compromise isn't a 1 way street. It isn't compromise if only 1 side does it, and it certainly isn't reasonable to expect 1 side to do it. Of course, that also means you can't just blame 1 side when Washington refuses to compromise either. What part of "politics isn't black and white" don't you comprehend?

What part of the dems gave in to 2/3 of the pubs request don't you understand?
The dems gave in too much for my liking. But they did compromise. For you to try and continue this lame line is painting you as a political hack. It was the pubs that are afraid of the tea party and pushed for defunding non-economic social issues and federal regulatory oversight that held the whole damn thing up. You can't weasel out of that crazylikeafox!
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#18New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 13:57:15
@shinobinoz Said

The dems gave in too much for my liking. But they did compromise. For you to try and continue this lame line is painting you as a political hack. It was the pubs that are afraid of the tea party and pushed for defunding non-economic social issues and federal regulatory oversight that held the whole damn thing up. You can't weasel out of that crazylikeafox!

So, the dummycrats had total control for 2 freakin years. Why wasn't this all hashed out and done with then?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#19New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 14:27:55
@hoppy Said

So, the dummycrats had total control for 2 freakin years. Why wasn't this all hashed out and done with then?

And 8 years of Bush before that. You tell me why NONE of them have?
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#20New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 14:30:42
@shinobinoz Said

And 8 years of Bush before that. You tell me why NONE of them have?

Did Bush have total control?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#21New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 14:36:22
@hoppy Said

Did Bush have total control?

Thank God not!
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#22New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 14:55:30
@shinobinoz Said

Thank God not!

So then, the question remains. Why didn't the dummycrats take care of this in the 2 years they had total control?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#23New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 15:21:28
@hoppy Said

So then, the question remains. Why didn't the dummycrats take care of this in the 2 years they had total control?

They did in a way. They tried to allow the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy expire.
Congressional Research Service: Permanently Extending Bush Tax Cuts to Cost $5 Trillion
https://www.ombwatch.org/node/11353

And Obama created a balanced tax force to look at the issues.

It is the pubs that want 100% of the cuts to come from the middle & lower income. AND kill choice social programs along the way that they do not like.

Cost of defunding NPR/PBS? 45 min's of air support in Libya!

McKinney, Texas
#24New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 19:42:45
@shinobinoz Said

Did they really, or did they give up the little things they didn't really care about in the 1st place? You WANT to blame Republicans for this, because it's easier than admitting politics is a bit more complicated than "my side is always right, your side is always wrong." Fortunately for us but perhaps unfortunately for you, that isn't the way the real world works.

McKinney, Texas
#25New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 21:34:08
I've looked around, and it appears the deal Washington made was to take the Planned Parenthood stuff out of this bill, put it in it's own, separate bill later, and pass the rest now to avoid a shutdown. That seems like a reasonable thing to do. There's no point throwing out the baby with the bath water. However, this also means I fully expect them to follow through with that plan. Write a bill regarding Planned Parenthood, or risk looking bad to all of us.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#26New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 22:05:49
@crazylikeafox Said

Did they really, or did they give up the little things they didn't really care about in the 1st place? You WANT to blame Republicans for this, because it's easier than admitting politics is a bit more complicated than "my side is always right, your side is always wrong." Fortunately for us but perhaps unfortunately for you, that isn't the way the real world works.

If not for the Tea Party and the extension of the wealthy tax credits they would have quickly come to a compromise. The Tea Party for the only bit of good I've seen may have forced them (both sides) to address the badly needed debate of the debt, however it appears that the dems have moved towards compromise regarding the large social entitlements. The pubs have put down their foot regarding the reckless wealthy taxpayers credits. That means much more of the problem that both sides own is on the pubs. Throw in the riders to dismantle badly needed social services and the important oversight of the EPA and I'd say the dems are definitely the grown ups here.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#27New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 22:07:25
@crazylikeafox Said

I've looked around, and it appears the deal Washington made was to take the Planned Parenthood stuff out of this bill, put it in it's own, separate bill later, and pass the rest now to avoid a shutdown. That seems like a reasonable thing to do. There's no point throwing out the baby with the bath water. However, this also means I fully expect them to follow through with that plan. Write a bill regarding Planned Parenthood, or risk looking bad to all of us.

And if/when it does, may that irresponsible piece of crap legislation go down quickly in flames!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#28New Post! May 17, 2011 @ 02:32:32
Here is Fact Check looking at Ryan's bill and the lies & distortions within his website about that bill.
https://factcheck.org/2011/05/ryans-budget-spin/
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs