The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Health & Fitness

Does watching what you eat really matter?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
smblomker On May 02, 2011

Newark, Ohio
#1New Post! Apr 05, 2011 @ 01:28:12
As much as I try to lose some weight and listen to people talk about how much they can lose. I keep wondering if it matter what you really eat or is it how much you.
I do have to say that I love good food.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Apr 05, 2011 @ 01:32:08
Well, yes, if you want to lose weight you do need to eat less. But you can still eat good food.

Exercise should also be part of the equation.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 05, 2011 @ 01:49:51
Depends on your metabolism really. I pretty much eat what I like as my metabolism is pretty good and I tend to walk a lot anyway, but for others it might not be the case.

I think watching what you eat can turn into an obsession if you're not careful though, like the whole counting calories thing. Some of the things I've heard people say about it when they do it worries me somewhat. I think as long as you have a healthy relationship with food then you can't go far wrong.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#4New Post! Apr 05, 2011 @ 01:53:52
I'm a food addict.

but I have come to find out that what you eat isn't as important as to the quantity you eat and how many times. ( IT'S STILL IMPORTANT ) along with an active lifestyle.

there are so many ways one can get innovative to make super delicious and very healthy foods.

I still eat pretty much whatever I want.. with some alterations. I don't use all the sugared up salted up sauces out there. I make my own. and I cut back on anything that's processed. I'll have some bread here and there but I usually don't

Watching what you eat doesn't make a difference in weight loss if you're watching yourself eat Mcfatty burgers every day for lunch alongside with a shake and salted fries. and having pizza for dinner.

The thing to weight loss is deciding to commit and having that mental ability erm will to actually hold yourself accountable and up to standards. if that makes any sense.

Everyone can try.. but few actually commit. or some think they are committing themselves without taking into consideration the whole picture and instead only focusing on one thing..

Diets don't work.. in the sense of how most think about it.

You have to make a lifestyle change in order to see results.
this doesn't mean you have to go OCD on health although that wouldn't hurt.
Still
Eating less processed foods helps from the git go.
cutting back on salt , processed / refined sugars, oils and anything laden with preservatives ( hence the processed) will help in weight loss.

most people give up after they lose their water weight and get stuck looking the same.
but this can be overcome by steady eating habits.
5-6 light meals throughout the day will help on the metabolic side of the house. steady food intake will help your body adjust and will kick start your metabolism.
Drinking at least 100 oz throughout the day will ensure you are properly hydrated . in many cases many may require to drink more water.

and doing some light exercise at least three times a week will definitely help in building some fat burning muscle if not giving you a light cardio workout which also helps in fat burning

but You asked about Food.

Watching what you eat does help when you eat in moderation and when you eat things that your body can process ( breakdown fast ) that way you don't really have any excess food to store as fat..

sorry went on a rant there with no direction.. allergies have made me super blah
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#5New Post! Apr 05, 2011 @ 01:56:03
less calories, less weight. isnt that how that works?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 05, 2011 @ 01:57:57
@adrinachrome Said

Not always. Depends on genetic makeup, how much you exercise and your body type as well.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#7New Post! Apr 05, 2011 @ 02:12:42
@adrinachrome Said

holy s***.. where did you pop out from? haven't smelled you in a while.

what type of calories is what matters most. ( personal experience )
some people may go through a different process where you don't eat enough and what little you do end up eating usually gets stored by your body as it's pretty much used to not getting enough nutrients.

that's pretty much what happened to me when i ballooned up after my surgery.
I ate salads.. only drank water but due to my lack of mobility I only managed to get in 1 - 2 meals a day. had maybe A slice of bread with all natural peanut butter and still managed to put on the pounds. I can only imagine how much fatter I would have gotten had I not been eating as healthy as I did.
once I was able to move around and make more meals I began shedding the pounds. I consumed much more than I did while I was getting fat and yet I was losing weight and inches.
genetics may play a small part but not like many want to make it seem.
having a disease may hinder weight loss but unless you have some severe glandular problem anyone with a healthy enough heart and at least three functional limbs can in fact workout and lose weight.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#8New Post! Apr 05, 2011 @ 02:48:04
@JuanSmith Said

holy s***.. where did you pop out from? haven't smelled you in a while.

what type of calories is what matters most. ( personal experience )
some people may go through a different process where you don't eat enough and what little you do end up eating usually gets stored by your body as it's pretty much used to not getting enough nutrients.

that's pretty much what happened to me when i ballooned up after my surgery.
I ate salads.. only drank water but due to my lack of mobility I only managed to get in 1 - 2 meals a day. had maybe A slice of bread with all natural peanut butter and still managed to put on the pounds. I can only imagine how much fatter I would have gotten had I not been eating as healthy as I did.
once I was able to move around and make more meals I began shedding the pounds. I consumed much more than I did while I was getting fat and yet I was losing weight and inches.
genetics may play a small part but not like many want to make it seem.
having a disease may hinder weight loss but unless you have some severe glandular problem anyone with a healthy enough heart and at least three functional limbs can in fact workout and lose weight.

i been on and off all day kinda... and that smell you'tr smelling, it's ketchup and onions. You love it.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#9New Post! Apr 05, 2011 @ 02:52:16
According to my doctor and trainer, diet makes up about 90% of weight loss and actual exercise the rest. You can't eat crap, work out and expect to lose weight. You can just cut back on food and lose weight but won't have muscle from it or defined body if you just cut back on food so diet and exercise is recommended for health and having a healthy body. Exercise in addiction to losing weight, is good for you health wise and so is eating well, even if one does not need to lose weight. One can be thing but develop heart problems from eating crap food on a regular basis, thin does not mean healthy.
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#10New Post! Apr 05, 2011 @ 03:11:18
Reducing your intake of carbs can surprise you.
joshuaty2010 On June 02, 2013

Chicago, Illinois
#11New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 05:53:09
I would say that its not the "what food" but its "how much" you eaten. Can affect your health that will cause to sickness. That's why its important to be responsible and health conscious.
johnllino On April 11, 2011

, Philippines
#12New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 12:34:28
Why Not try the glycemic Index?! it isn't for the person who have high blood sugar problems. Glycemic index is a chart where you could see the list of foods having their carbohydrates content., You can easily monitor your diet by checking on the foods listed on it with its carbohydrates content. You can not just loose weight but of course its one way of protecting you from having high blood sugar. health is wealth! Therefore being healthy is also a way of being wealthy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs