Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...19 20 21
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#301New Post! Apr 28, 2011 @ 13:30:11
@Willi Said

infinity.
a series of nows, with no begining or end.
only change.
???

If time, space, matter and energy all started at the same instance [== the so called 'big bang'] there is no before. If all these elements also end at the same instant then, with the same logic, there is no after. So all is 'now' and everyone had better make the best of this 'now' for as long as it lasts. !!!
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#302New Post! Apr 28, 2011 @ 21:24:56
Response to jonnythan post #297

Erimitus: The question remains; is matter condensed energy and if it is how do we (well I) prove it?

jonnythan That's more of a philosophical question than a physics question when you get down to it.

Erimitus: Well, yeah, and science is nothing more than natural philosophy when you get down to it. It all started as philosophy and there continues to be a philosophy of science and I did not even realize I was on a science thread. And …I really do not belong here.

jonnythan: Go do some reading on the Standard Model, which is basically the absolute limit of our understanding of subatomic particles and "small" physics in general (as opposed to general relativity, which is our best understanding of "big" physics). You'll find that we have all these types of subatomic particles. We know all sorts of stuff about them - mass, charge, spin, etc. But we really don't know what the f*** they are. We can model them and build other particles (like protons and whatnot) out of them. But we don't know what they're made of other than "stuff."

Erimitus: Some people are smart and some people are not so smart. I am in the ‘are not so smart’ group and what you suggest is probably way beyond my limited abilities. Nevertheless, I will Goggle ‘Standard Model’ and have a look. Thank you.

Erimitus:

If matter is a form of energy
And energy is the ability to do work,
Then matter is a form of the ability to do work.

If work is the transfer of energy
Then matter is a form of the ability to transfer energy.

Erimitus: this is not making any sense to me. I am obviously missing something. I know, I know.. I will look up standard model.

jonnythan: On top of that, we know we can convert matter to energy and vice versa. In an atomic bomb detonation, for example, the bulk of the energy comes from matter literally turning to energy (a staggeringly small amount of it, too, which is mind-blowing - it takes just one gram of mass being converted to energy to equal the energy output of the bomb that destroyed Nagasaki).

jonnythan: So if you want to think of these subatomic particles as highly condensed packets of energy, no one is actually going to stop you and no one can really tell you you're wrong.

Erimitus: and yet they do…
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#303New Post! Apr 28, 2011 @ 21:32:12
@Richard142 Said

If time, space, matter and energy all started at the same instance [== the so called 'big bang'] there is no before.

Since time is the inverse of frequency when one is in frequency one is OVER time or more specifically in timelessness. Space is just a wavelength.

Also the so called big bang is just nonsense!

@Richard142 Said

If all these elements also end at the same instant then, with the same logic, there is no after. So all is 'now' and everyone had better make the best of this 'now' for as long as it lasts. !!!

Yes. The only true reality is indeed the here and the now, but everything else is spread in frequency (since space is a wavelength). Meaning that, jsut like TV and radio, there are many "reality" channels.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#304New Post! Apr 28, 2011 @ 23:29:14
fast car i love it.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#305New Post! Apr 28, 2011 @ 23:39:45
@Richard142 Said

If time, space, matter and energy all started at the same instance [== the so called 'big bang'] there is no before. If all these elements also end at the same instant then, with the same logic, there is no after. So all is 'now' and everyone had better make the best of this 'now' for as long as it lasts. !!!

now is within this cycle.
before would be before current cycle. next would be and so on.

can an electron be enlarged?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#306New Post! Apr 28, 2011 @ 23:49:31
@wirelessguru1 Said

Since time is the inverse of frequency when one is in frequency one is OVER time or more specifically in timelessness. Space is just a wavelength.

in timelessness,frequencies are all seen as slower then our own?
in time sees both faster and slower?
Quote:

Also the so called big bang is just nonsense!

we see things go bang all the time

Quote:

Yes. The only true reality is indeed the here and the now, but everything else is spread in frequency (since space is a wavelength). Meaning that, jsut like TV and radio, there are many "reality" channels.

if in the reality of timelessness, it would be here and now?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...19 20 21

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs