The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

What is your motivation for posting in the Philosophy and Religion section?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11
zisissgoot On April 12, 2011

Deleted

, Australia
#151New Post! Apr 06, 2011 @ 09:53:18
@Electric_Banana Said

Everyone alive is delusional to some extent but of course those delusions are only volatile when said person acts on them in a manner which is harmful or destructive to themselves or others.

But this is my point. Religion justifies and enables delusional volatility.

Is it ok for people to picket with signs calling people fags and insisting that these people will burn in eternal hell fire because of their sexuality?

Is it ok for people to issue statements that will one way or the other condemn millions to death from a preventable disease?

Is it ok for people to brutally kill others because they don't share the same views?

If a non religious person did any of this it would be seen as disgraceful and mentally disturbed at the very least. But put it under the umbrella of religion and somehow it's just unfortunate or intolerant or whatever other apologetic word one would care to use.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#152New Post! Apr 06, 2011 @ 10:08:47
@zisissgoot Said

Is it ok for people to picket with signs calling people fags and insisting that these people will burn in eternal hell fire because of their sexuality?

Is it ok for people to issue statements that will one way or the other condemn millions to death from a preventable disease?

Is it ok for people to brutally kill others because they don't share the same views?

If a non religious person did any of this it would be seen as disgraceful and mentally disturbed at the very least. But put it under the umbrella of religion and somehow it's just unfortunate or intolerant or whatever other apologetic word one would care to use.

I think the picket signs families are actors that don't take themselves seriously - and because of that I find them just as ridiculously destructive and patronizing as if they DID take themselves seriously.

I have a niece that is only two years younger than. When we were little, we were like brother and sister. I used to punch her for disagreeing with me. I outgrew that at age five.

As for churches holding scientists back from technology and medical discoveries I believe they are denying their god from working through the doctors and scientists to keep the world up to date and in repair.

Deleted

, Australia
#153New Post! Apr 06, 2011 @ 16:09:34
@Electric_Banana Said

I think the picket signs families are actors that don't take themselves seriously - and because of that I find them just as ridiculously destructive and patronizing as if they DID take themselves seriously.

I have a niece that is only two years younger than. When we were little, we were like brother and sister. I used to punch her for disagreeing with me. I outgrew that at age five.

As for churches holding scientists back from technology and medical discoveries I believe they are denying their god from working through the doctors and scientists to keep the world up to date and in repair.

The picket people I'm talking about it really mean it.

Kudos to you digger but some people aren't given the chance to outgrow it -> weaned delusion.

No. They are being willingly delusional.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#154New Post! Apr 06, 2011 @ 17:24:28
I like Tariki, actually!
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#155New Post! Apr 07, 2011 @ 18:31:18
@zisissgoot Said

Hmm...

You ask:

I ask:

Is it okay for other people to tell them that they cannot? (usually the "God hates fags" sign holders are just plants to make the croud look bad.)

You ask:

I ask:

Is it okay to take other people's money to pay for aborting birth control malfunctions.

You ask:

I ask:

Is the "others" view that he be given that which rightfully belongs to the one the doing the killing. (all war is ultimatly over land or resources)

You ask:

I ask:

Do they label non-religious people who brutally maim and kill their own children as mentally disturbed? Or is it "reclassified" just because the baby has not taken it's first breath?

Deleted

, Australia
#156New Post! Apr 07, 2011 @ 23:44:31
@Glenn Said

Hmm...

You ask:

I ask:

Is it okay for other people to tell them that they cannot? (usually the "God hates fags" sign holders are just plants to make the croud look bad.)

You ask:

I ask:

Is it okay to take other people's money to pay for aborting birth control malfunctions.

You ask:

I ask:

Is the "others" view that he be given that which rightfully belongs to the one the doing the killing. (all war is ultimatly over land or resources)

You ask:

I ask:

Do they label non-religious people who brutally maim and kill their own children as mentally disturbed? Or is it "reclassified" just because the baby has not taken it's first breath?

Answering questions with more questions doesn't help. How about you answer my questions with statements and then I'll get to yours.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs