The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Business & Money:
Jobs & Careers

I DONT KNOW HOW TO TITLE THIS POST BUT PLEASE READ IT.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
rDsMiTh On March 24, 2011

Deleted

dover, Delaware
#1New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:06:09
Ive got this problem with this job situation. This lady pretty much tells me that ive gotten the job and wants me to work. I was in training to do what I do and now im done. I have worked twice for her once while i was still in school and then the following week and after the day on the following week that i worked she said that she was going to get in touch with the owner to get my schedule but she had to have surgery which was last thursday it wasnt really extensive surgery. I talked to her yesterday and she was like i will call you i promise and all this and that but still no call. I dont know what to do. I really need this job because it will really help me further my advancement in my career by a huge margin, but the lady never calls me back so i feel like im chasing her bothering her and stuff. I mean one time she said that she was going to call but didnt and then i got a call from her like 2 weeks later and she was saying that she hadnt forgotten or anything like that. I understand that shes busy i really do, but if this is a way of trying to blow me off you cant really do it without directly telling me that its not going to work. Any ideas on what i should say to her when i call her next time which will be tomorrow or wednesday.
solevil On February 09, 2014

The Dark Side, Louisiana
#2New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:08:48
When can I start?

Idk, im blazed now.
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#3New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:08:49
Does anyone else read posts faster when the title is in all caps? I don't know it just seems like shouting.

The Dark Side, Louisiana
#4New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:10:04
@smallbutterflies Said

Does anyone else read posts faster when the title is in all caps? I don't know it just seems like shouting.

I dont know.
rDsMiTh On March 24, 2011

Deleted

dover, Delaware
#5New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:10:51
@smallbutterflies Said

did it hurt your ears? sorry i didnt know there was an internet edicate however you spell it
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#6New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:12:36
This is one of the first rules of internet etiquette: Don't type in all caps, as it comes across as shouting and is rude.

Seriously, I learned that in my computer technology class

The Dark Side, Louisiana
#7New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:12:47
Dude, you need an avatar.
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#8New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:13:02
@rdsmith Said

did it hurt your ears? sorry i didnt know there was an internet edicate however you spell it

Etiquette? Sure there is. Just as there is in any other situation.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#9New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:13:06
@rdsmith Said

Ive got this problem with this job situation. This lady pretty much tells me that ive gotten the job and wants me to work. I was in training to do what I do and now im done. I have worked twice for her once while i was still in school and then the following week and after the day on the following week that i worked she said that she was going to get in touch with the owner to get my schedule but she had to have surgery which was last thursday it wasnt really extensive surgery. I talked to her yesterday and she was like i will call you i promise and all this and that but still no call. I dont know what to do. I really need this job because it will really help me further my advancement in my career by a huge margin, but the lady never calls me back so i feel like im chasing her bothering her and stuff. I mean one time she said that she was going to call but didnt and then i got a call from her like 2 weeks later and she was saying that she hadnt forgotten or anything like that. I understand that shes busy i really do, but if this is a way of trying to blow me off you cant really do it without directly telling me that its not going to work. Any ideas on what i should say to her when i call her next time which will be tomorrow or wednesday.

I think she should have delegated this to someone else if she was going in for surgery. Someone starting a job is an important detail that she should have made sure still happened whether she was there or not. Not very professional...but at any rate it's already happened. I wouldn't feel bad about continuing to follow up. Don't do it daily and hammer her but yes, continue to call and put yourself on her call back list. Did you get an official job offer, or just a casual "i think you might work out here"?

The Dark Side, Louisiana
#10New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:14:08
@eternus_somnium Said

This is one of the first rules of internet etiquette: Don't type in all caps, as it comes across as shouting and is rude.

Seriously, I learned that in my computer technology class

There are no rules to internet. Just stuff some bastards make up.
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#11New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:14:34
Hi...I'm in Delaware.
[smile]https://i.tfster.com/cache/i.tfster.com/cache/www.smileyhut.com/confused/dribble2.gif">
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#12New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:15:27
@solevil Said

Dude, you need an avatar.

Dude, Where's My Car?
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:16:58