Forums: Relationships:
Family

My sister killed herself...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
44c44 On March 05, 2011

Newark, Arkansas
#1New Post! Mar 05, 2011 @ 02:49:30
about three years ago and I have no idea why I was very sad me and my sister was very close she had a great life good grades everyone liked her she was nice to me and then all of a sudden she killed herself I found her hanging by a rope in her room (I looked though a window and saw her she locked the door.) I have been trying to figure out why she did it to this day no idea why.
I know you don't know her but does anyone know why people kill them selfs?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Mar 05, 2011 @ 02:55:48
breaking up.
aids
pain
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Mar 05, 2011 @ 03:46:52
@44c44 Said

about three years ago and I have no idea why I was very sad me and my sister was very close she had a great life good grades everyone liked her she was nice to me and then all of a sudden she killed herself I found her hanging by a rope in her room (I looked though a window and saw her she locked the door.) I have been trying to figure out why she did it to this day no idea why.

next month will be a year that a young close family member killed himself . The one thing I have come to believe about this is , it really does no good to ask why they do it. because they are the only ones who knew the answers to all our questions and they aren't here to ask. My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your loved one.
astrohamgirl On June 16, 2012

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#4New Post! Apr 02, 2011 @ 15:04:36
It's hard to pin point why people commit suicide. You have to keep in mind that something in her life may have happened that she didn't share with you guys. I know from personal experience that I have hidden my depression and anxiety. Sometimes if those emotions are bottled up to long the worst can happen. I have cut in the past because I was bullied about anxiety attacks and in the third grade i asked my mom if it was okay if i died. She could have had something like that going on. Again my condolences to you and your family. I bet she is looking down at you guys from heaven.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Apr 02, 2011 @ 15:19:40
@44c44 Said

About fifteen years ago I fell into mental illness but managed to get it under control and nowadays have a very strange perception of life but have learned to cope by not giving a s*** and realizing that my unusual perception actually makes life interesting where as if it would've continued on as normal it might feel more like an ongoing boring chore right now.

Either way, if this girl had an odd perception and was afraid to share it with anyone else, she might not have taken on the devil may care attitude that I have and decided that she couldn't live with it.

That is one possibility.

But there are other instances where completely normal people have taken their lives due to an instantaneous and accidental slip of the mind related to drugs - illegal or medicinal.

I'm not sure what talk show I was watching years ago but some completely normal and happy guy, under the influence of a prescription drug, lost rationality for a second and decided to steer his car off the road and into a wall.

So this might not have been an ongoing thing but result of a brief loss of reasoning.
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#6New Post! Apr 02, 2011 @ 16:47:03
@44c44 Said

One person's perspective is never the same as anyone elses' when it comes to taking their own life. Some cases are looked at with no understanding becuase their problems may seem so petty compared to others.

Asking might make you feel better, but the truth of the matter is that no one can answer that. We would be less understanding to your sisters case becuase we never knew her. I do understand the wanting to know part becuase there was a suicide in my family 4 years ago.

I hope you just keep the best parts of her with you and remember her being good to you when she was there
beth031986 On June 13, 2011

Cebu, Philippines
#7New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 00:02:40
Killing ourselves is not good in the eyes of our Lord,as all i can say that girl had a very complicated problem in her life,maybe she did not tell you about her problem because she don't want you to be affected.
bvanessalou On July 07, 2011

Cebu, Philippines
#8New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 01:14:19
There are times in a person's life that being happy and sometimes they always smile is one way of hiding their own feelings. You can't see if there sad or have problem unless she/he told you. Communication is one of the great steps in doing it.Maybe your sister had a problem in her love life or any other personal stuffs or maybe something that she's afraid that anybody would know about. Suicidal is not the answer for all our problem. Call on to God. GOD knows the answer.
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#9New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 01:21:26
You know what the answer is? Not some higher power, it's your own discovery of everything good in the world. Your OWN realization that yes, you are worth it and life is worth it as well.
carlstss On January 25, 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 02:35:14
She obviously made a choice that being dead was better then being a live.
Floxy On June 17, 2011

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jun 14, 2011 @ 08:33:36
My condolences to you and your family.

There was a suicide in my family, but long before I was reunited with them. My sister's lover killed herself when she could no longer cope with Bipolar. She left behind a lovely boy who has been adopted into our family.

My sister will never get over her lover's death, or my family. For it's those who are left behind who have to suffer.
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#12New Post! Jun 14, 2011 @ 09:11:11
@44c44 Said

One hypothesis is that the desperate internal yearning for a full stop manifests itself into a physical reality.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs