AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#16New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 11:05:39
Apparently adverts are to last even longer according to the daily fail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1359637/Ready-SIX-MINUTE-advert-break-Ofcom-relaxes-rules-commercials----won-t-need-rush-kettle-on.html
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 11:08:56
i think it's true because i'm forced to turn down my hearing aids when the aids come on ....especially that numbnuts go compare bloke ..
xRuby_Kissesx On June 14, 2011

Deleted

Sailing the high seas..., Unit
#18New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 11:25:24
@offbeat Said

i think it's true because i'm forced to turn down my hearing aids when the aids come on ....especially that numbnuts go compare bloke ..

We all knoooooow that's you calling out!
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#19New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 13:53:32
@offbeat Said

*teehee*
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 15:19:28
@Wellard Said

*teehee*

meant to be ads ..pardon me ..
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#21New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 15:27:40
I voted true although I had never thought of it like that. It annoys me that I have to turn the volume up and down or mute the TV due to this.
eli On July 18, 2011

Deleted

Crazy like a Fox,
#22New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 15:30:06
@maximillion Said

Adverts/commercials are louder then regular Tv because were normally in another room i.e in the kitchen making a cuppa when the adds come on

discuss
weren't they suppose to be making a law outlawing that kind of crap? Its totally true. We are sitting down and watching a show and you can barely hear it, then when the commericals come on its like blaring.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#23New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 15:33:36
The funniest commercials are for medication that seems to have more side effects than what it's used to treat.
eli On July 18, 2011

Deleted

Crazy like a Fox,
#24New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 15:35:17
@Mysteria Said

The funniest commercials are for medication that seems to have more side effects than what it's used to treat.
Isn't THAT the truth...its like why bother taking it if it has that many in the first place.
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#25New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 15:38:30
@eli Said

weren't they suppose to be making a law outlawing that kind of crap? Its totally true. We are sitting down and watching a show and you can barely hear it, then when the commericals come on its like blaring.

@Wellard Said

True.

Also they turn up the transmitting power for commercials because when if it is s*** weather my freeview breaks up,but then when adverts come on it is a crystal clear picture until the show starts again.

I was reading about some American network that got into trouble because of this.

EDIT* - Got it bit wrong lol

https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/15/politics/main5982822.shtml

Post from the first page
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#26New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 15:38:39
@eli Said

Isn't THAT the truth...its like why bother taking it if it has that many in the first place.

That's why I won't ask for Lyrica (used to treat fibromyalgia). One of its possible side effects is depression.

Sorry for going off topic, Maxi.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#27New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 16:46:12
@sTreetAngeL Said

Yes. They are louder.

I think the idea is to catch our attention, and make us remember them?
Well they do catch the attention, but only cause severe irritation. I mute them, and don't listen at all. As I imagine most people do. It's noise warfare basially. And who likes to be assaulted?

There is another ploy they are using, probably to counteract the automatic volume-control that a lot of TVs now employ.
Advertisers are also adding attention-grabbing back-ground noises, like the sound of a cell-phone ringing, or other 'vibratory sounds' at higher frequencies, that cause you to pay attention to what you're hearing -- you are trying to discern, "...what is that sound?", all the while making yourself more available to their subliminal messaging.... It's a down-right nasty business, marketing!
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#28New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 16:52:06
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

There is another ploy they are using, probably to counteract the automatic volume-control that a lot of TVs now employ.
Advertisers are also adding attention-grabbing back-ground noises, like the sound of a cell-phone ringing, or other 'vibratory sounds' at higher frequencies, that cause you to pay attention to what you're hearing -- you are trying to discern, "...what is that sound?", all the while making yourself more available to their subliminal messaging.... It's a down-right nasty business, marketing!

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I resent it. Made me want to smash the TV more than one time..but then I decided the best defense is just to not listen to it at all.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#29New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 16:54:59
@sTreetAngeL Said

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I resent it. Made me want to smash the TV more than one time..but then I decided the best defense is just to not listen to it at all.

I think I would not mind it too much, but, those bastards keep using my cell-tones!!! I keep looking,... "Where did I leave that damned phone, now!?"
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#30New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 16:57:53
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

I think I would not mind it too much, but, those bastards keep using my cell-tones!!! I keep looking,... "Where did I leave that damned phone, now!?"

Tis why mine is one that nobody would want!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs