The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

How much of the news these days is true?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#16New Post! Feb 01, 2011 @ 02:33:40
@Wellard Said

TFS COULD be considered a media outlet,it doesn't mean it is though.

Umm...Not sure what you're getting at here. The context of my post is where do you get your news from...(social outlets) which TFS I think is one of them (where news outlets consider them to be or not is irrelevant).

8 years ago. My space wouldn't be considered a social media outlet. Today it is.

What makes twitter a media outlet more than TSF. Okay...I get that its bigger. But TSF has advertisers, we have journals where we can post our own products. We have forums to talk about things...and if Queen Elizabeth wanted to create an account on here...she could.

Why do you think it matters If I may ask?

Quote:
When news stations ask the public to txt/email in questions/opinions ect.. they only pick the ones they want to be heard,therefore channeling the flow of news to satisfy them and their opinions.I don't use Twitter but could this be done on there?.

True..they are biased themselves. But that gets back to my point. At what point (even TV news) is true anymore?

They can ask you a question on twitter and you can respond to it. Everyone will see it on twitter...but what may be read on a segment that is being televised is of course "chosen."
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#17New Post! Feb 01, 2011 @ 02:47:02
social media news???

"i'm in egypt right now, i have found a way to overcome the internet blackout, a nuclear bomb just exploded 1 kilometer from my location."

must be true, i said it
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#18New Post! Feb 01, 2011 @ 02:56:26
@Willi Said

social media news???

"i'm in egypt right now, i have found a way to overcome the internet blackout, a nuclear bomb just exploded 1 kilometer from my location."

must be true, i said it

Doesn't work like that...well twitter does. But that wasn't my point. I don't think anyone in their right minds would be like "oh that's for real." Especially without links or backup. See the thing about social outlets as popular as twitter and facebook is that they allow follow up. And there is a distinction that is learned after use as how to do research. No one will take 140 characters as all news.

But we're talking about credible sources as CNN, BCC posting TWEETS which then link to videos and articles that you can follow up on them.

I'm not saying that its your only source...but is that where you get it first? And if it wasn't for say, twitter...would you have ever even heard about it?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#19New Post! Feb 01, 2011 @ 03:00:41
@boobagins Said

I'm not saying that its your only source...but is that where you get it first? And if it wasn't for say, twitter...would you have ever even heard about it?

i watch cnn.
but i do see the news getting out on-line before even the news medea knows it.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#20New Post! Feb 01, 2011 @ 09:55:38
@boobagins Said

Umm...Not sure what you're getting at here. The context of my post is where do you get your news from...(social outlets) which TFS I think is one of them (where news outlets consider them to be or not is irrelevant).

8 years ago. My space wouldn't be considered a social media outlet. Today it is.

What makes twitter a media outlet more than TSF. Okay...I get that its bigger. But TSF has advertisers, we have journals where we can post our own products. We have forums to talk about things...and if Queen Elizabeth wanted to create an account on here...she could.

Why do you think it matters If I may ask?

True..they are biased themselves. But that gets back to my point. At what point (even TV news) is true anymore?

They can ask you a question on twitter and you can respond to it. Everyone will see it on twitter...but what may be read on a segment that is being televised is of course "chosen."

What I was meaning is you stated that you think TFS is a media outlet,it came across as just because you thought that,then TFS must be considered to be one.It is depends on the member.There are plenty of TFS members who do not post in the news forum but still post on various other threads daily.Therefore why would it be a media outlet to them?.

Another example is the poll you added,I myself read and listen/watch the news daily yet I don't use Myspaz/FB or Twitter.Where would/could I vote on the poll.If you consider TFS to be an outlet then you might have wanted to add another option as it wouldn't surprise if 3 out of the 5 votes of 'I don't use social media' were from users who do not get their info from facebook/twitter ect.. and hadn't even thought about TFS as being included.That's more or less what i was getting at.

News isn't true,it never has been.Nearly everything people watch or read has been chosen for us to read/watch for a reason.

But does every question get an answer with regards to twitter?.

What makes you believe that CNN & BBC are credible news sources?.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#21New Post! Feb 01, 2011 @ 11:08:21
I use Facebook only for entertainment. Since part of my job is paying attention to news, I subscribe to the daily local paper, have an AP news, Reuters apps on my phone, as well as MSNBC and USA Today
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013