Hedge fund guy's pay: $570,780 an hour

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 29, 2011 @ 23:42:27
Quote:
"What recession? Hedge fund honcho John Paulson profited more than $5 billion in 2010, possibly the largest haul in investing history, according to a news report.

This means that Paulson was making $158.55 per second last year.

In 2010, more than $4 billion of his profits came from fund investments. Most of his funds contained bets on gold, due to Paulson's wariness of the dollar's long-term weakness, based on the Wall Street Journal's report. He placed much of his own money in gold-focused funds, which rose as much as 45% because of gold's meteoric rise last year.

Paulson's take from last year exceeds the $4 billion that he raked in from short bets against subprime mortgages in 2007, according to the news report..."

https://money.cnn.com/2011/01/28/news/companies/paulson_hedge_fund/index.htm

DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#2New Post! Jan 30, 2011 @ 02:07:47
That's repulsive enough to gag a maggot!
But, don't see any quick fix to things like this happening.

carlstss On January 25, 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 30, 2011 @ 05:04:06
@DuLu Said

WOW!! what a guy, This just shows what a little hardwork, a brain and taking a risk can lead to. Maybe if all the fat, moaning, poor and lazy people who just sit and complain about rich and try and drag everyone down to there low life level tried as hard as this guy did then maybe they would have 5 billion in the safe.
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#4New Post! Jan 30, 2011 @ 05:07:20
@DuLu Said

Explain again why you think it's repulsive?
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#5New Post! Jan 30, 2011 @ 05:47:31
It's just my personal opinion.
Agree with what's been said about hard work, and risk taking, and am definitely not a slacker. Never did do good at being self-employed. Case in point -- if I had a private business and sold cakes on the side and the ingredients only cost me $10 when buying in bulk, and it took me less then an hour to bake and decorate it, why do I need to charge $50 or more for the cake? Understand needing to make a profit, but then it gets more complicated. Because if you only charge $20, people will not desire it so much. But if you put a higher price on it, people will covet it. Just my opinion - we want what we want, and when we own our own businesses we want to outsource everything so we can make more money, and give our employees less benefits and less pay, and we wonder why our country is in a recession. Know it's all about capitalism, supply and demand, etc --
but there's gotta be a middle of the road somewhere..
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#6New Post! Jan 30, 2011 @ 07:57:19
@SparklyKatie Said

https://money.cnn.com/2011/01/28/news/companies/paulson_hedge_fund/index.htm

It just means he got the Gold Mine and the investors?,They got the shaft
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#7New Post! Jan 30, 2011 @ 08:02:52
@DuLu Said

It's just my personal opinion.
Agree with what's been said about hard work, and risk taking, and am definitely not a slacker. Never did do good at being self-employed. Case in point -- if I had a private business and sold cakes on the side and the ingredients only cost me $10 when buying in bulk, and it took me less then an hour to bake and decorate it, why do I need to charge $50 or more for the cake? Understand needing to make a profit, but then it gets more complicated. Because if you only charge $20, people will not desire it so much. But if you put a higher price on it, people will covet it. Just my opinion - we want what we want, and when we own our own businesses we want to outsource everything so we can make more money, and give our employees less benefits and less pay, and we wonder why our country is in a recession. Know it's all about capitalism, supply and demand, etc --
but there's gotta be a middle of the road somewhere..

Store overhead.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#8New Post! Jan 30, 2011 @ 08:32:50
@thequietman Said

Store overhead.

My house is my store.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others