The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Five Million Dollar Fine, Five Years In Prison...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#16New Post! Jan 19, 2011 @ 19:02:47
About 16 years ago I had to have surgery. Before the surgery they put me through all sorts of tests. The asked lots of questions about all sorts of things. Do you do drugs? do you smoke? when you quit? when you started? how much you smoke? Same with drinking. Then he asked about guns and if I had any. Touchy subject with me. I told him I was not there because I shot myself. He said they had to ask. So I said "NO". He knew I was lieing so he wrote no down with a question mark behind it. As far as I'm concerned, they are there to heal, not to gather info about us for the government to use against us later.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#17New Post! Jan 19, 2011 @ 19:18:55
@hoppy Said

About 16 years ago I had to have surgery. Before the surgery they put me through all sorts of tests. The asked lots of questions about all sorts of things. Do you do drugs? do you smoke? when you quit? when you started? how much you smoke? Same with drinking. Then he asked about guns and if I had any. Touchy subject with me. I told him I was not there because I shot myself. He said they had to ask. So I said "NO". He knew I was lieing so he wrote no down with a question mark behind it. As far as I'm concerned, they are there to heal, not to gather info about us for the government to use against us later.

Well hoppy...you sound awfully paranoid. You are protected under doctor/patient confidentiality laws. It's not like they're going to some watchdog site and reporting everybody who had guns. Have you considered that he may have been asking for a different reason?
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#18New Post! Jan 19, 2011 @ 21:02:16
@someone_else Said

Well hoppy...you sound awfully paranoid. You are protected under doctor/patient confidentiality laws. It's not like they're going to some watchdog site and reporting everybody who had guns. Have you considered that he may have been asking for a different reason?

If it was all confidential then I can't think of a reason my doc needed to know that.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#19New Post! Jan 19, 2011 @ 21:09:20
@hoppy Said

If it was all confidential then I can't think of a reason my doc needed to know that.

I was reading up on that a bit and it seems to be an 'optional' thing...are the AMA and the NRA opposing forces or something?

Anyway, even if they are reporting that kind of thing to anyone, it's more likely to be like Census info...they don't attach your name to it. It just gives a number.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Jan 19, 2011 @ 21:28:15
@someone_else Said

my god , you're so trusting
Not a dude.

Deleted

#21New Post! Jan 19, 2011 @ 21:31:34
@offbeat Said

my god , you're so trusting

That might be true. But really, if you have to give your information when you buy a gun anyway, who cares if your doctor knows that you have it?
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jan 19, 2011 @ 21:35:16
well i didn't know that ...here in england if things get that far out of hand , we stand face to face and say in a dignified manner " well, really ....i've never been so insulted in all my life !"....that usually makes the other guy back down .
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#23New Post! Jan 19, 2011 @ 21:48:02
@someone_else Said

That might be true. But really, if you have to give your information when you buy a gun anyway, who cares if your doctor knows that you have it?

Not all of the guns I once owned had a paper trail. When I had to move to my present place I sold my guns to 2 different dealers. Now they have a paper trail.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#24New Post! Jan 19, 2011 @ 21:49:51
@hoppy Said

Not all of the guns I once owned had a paper trail.

DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#25New Post! Jan 19, 2011 @ 22:50:13
@hoppy Said

The reason they ask is because some of the medications they put in iv for surgery and also other medications after surgery can impair your judgment.

When in a mental state where you are not yourself and not able to make judgment calls, doctors would want to know if a patient is going to handle or be around a gun. It really is not to report you to the government for having a gun.

They asked the same sort of questions to me last year when I had a procedure done. I will say, the drugs they gave me, I really was not able to think clear or make any decisions.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs