Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#1New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 20:45:44
Wonderful story. Praise God!

https://www.comcast.net/articles/news-sports/20110105/US.ODD.Homeless.Radio.Voice/
sweetheart5545 On November 06, 2013

, Florida
#2New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 20:49:36
that is a wonderful story
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 20:55:54
Wonderful. God made him suffer for ages then stopped the suffering. What a wonderful entity he is, whilst he continues to let a third of the nations humans live below the poverty line.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#4New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 20:59:34
@jmo Said

Wonderful. God made him suffer for ages then stopped the suffering. What a wonderful entity he is, whilst he continues to let a third of the nations humans live below the poverty line.

Apparently, the man himself, feels that it was God's hand upon him...if you'd lisented to the video provided in the link.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#5New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:01:47
@sTreetAngeL Said

Apparently, the man himself, feels that it was God's hand upon him...if you'd lisented to the video provided in the link.

The man himself is an idiot. Was he thanking God when he was a drug addict on the streets do you think?

Seriously these stories are horrible and make me personally feel ill and I hate the way we are all supposed to coo over them as if it is wonderful that someone has had another chance. Thing is if the world or society was in any way wonderful he, nor anyone else, would be in such a horrible situation they'd need to be lifted out of it in the first place.

Adding God just shows how thick he is.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:09:04
@jmo Said

The man himself is an idiot. Was he thanking God when he was a drug addict on the streets do you think?

Seriously these stories are horrible and make me personally feel ill and I hate the way we are all supposed to coo over them as if it is wonderful that someone has had another chance. Thing is if the world or society was in any way wonderful he, nor anyone else, would be in such a horrible situation they'd need to be lifted out of it in the first place.

Adding God just shows how thick he is.

Yet he has suffered much, and over came suffering, but still gives credit where it's due.

I don't think it's him whose thick.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#7New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:10:25
@sTreetAngeL Said

Yet he has suffered much, and over came suffering, but still gives credit where it's due.

I don't think it's him whose thick.

He believes after immense suffering that he has God to thank. That is frankly stupid.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#8New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:10:37
I think it is an AMAZING story. I for one think it awesome when someone who for whatever reason became downtrodden and felt hopeless is suddenly able to find the inner strength to rise above and get a second chance.

It's real easy to judge when someone is befallen with issues like this but considering how many people in the world fall pray to addictions, alcohol abuse, drug and other wise, sometimes it can spiral out of control before they even know what hit them, and it seems pretty silly to cast aspersions. IMO.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#9New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:12:25
@jmo Said

He believes after immense suffering that he has God to thank. That is frankly stupid.

The only thing stupid here is your refusal to allow others to have thier own separate beliefs from you, without beratement, and mockery.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#10New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:12:35
@GSnap Said

I think it is an AMAZING story. I for one think it awesome when someone who for whatever reason became downtrodden and felt hopeless is suddenly able to find the inner strength to rise above and get a second chance.

It's real easy to judge when someone is befallen with issues like this but considering how many people in the world fall pray to addictions, ALCOHOL ABUSE, drug and other wise, sometimes it can spiral out of control before they even know what hit them, and it seems pretty silly to cast aspersions. IMO.

It's not an amazing story. An amazing story would be that he wouldn't have had to suffer like that in the first place. But no, we have a horrible system that lets this happen to millions of people across the world. One person getting out of it isn't amazing, one person when millions of others are still suffering is nothing. If anything it should remind us how f***ing s***ty our system is and how f***ing s***ty we are for letting it happen.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#11New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:13:57
@sTreetAngeL Said

The only thing stupid here is your refusal to allow others to have thier own separate beliefs from you, without beratement, and mockery.

You said it was a wonderful story. I am saying it is not a wonderful story it is a horrible story. Now you are criticising me for doing exactly what you did except I am disagreeing with your point. And now you are going further and insulting me personally by calling me stupid.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#12New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:16:25
@jmo Said

While a small part of me agrees with you... The story is about a man who's had a rough time and has finally caught a break. He's entitled to thank whomever he wants for catching that break, and we should be happy that he finally caught it.

You're too young to realize this, but at some point in nearly everybodies lives we will be handed a serious smackdown by fate, chance or bad decisions.. Many people never recover from that smackdown. Many more never fully recover from it.. probably the vast majority of people on earth fall into this category..

Some manage to get back up and be grateful.. This guy is one of the lucky ones.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#13New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:18:11
@jmo Said

You said it was a wonderful story. I am saying it is not a wonderful story it is a horrible story. Now you are criticising me for doing exactly what you did except I am disagreeing with your point. And now you are going further and insulting me personally by calling me stupid.

So you really don't think it's a wondeful story? That this man was able to over come his addictions, and rise up out of poverty and get off the streets?

Or is it just his giving credit to God, that you can't agree with?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#14New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:18:13
@boxerdc Said

While a small part of me agrees with you... The story is about a man who's had a rough time and has finally caught a break. He's entitled to thank whomever he wants for catching that break, and we should be happy that he finally caught it.

You're too young to realize this, but at some point in nearly everybodies lives we will be handed a serious smackdown by fate, chance or bad decisions.. Many people never recover from that smackdown. Many more never fully recover from it.. probably the vast majority of people on earth fall into this category..

I agree he is lucky ultimately, but in the end he has suffered a lot and how someone can thank a God who has put them through that suffering for simply ending it makes absolutely no logical sense.

To me that is like a dictator torturing someone for years, then deciding to release them and giving them a job, and then the person being greatful to the dictator.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#15New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:19:08
@boxerdc Said

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/cache/bestsmileys.com/thumbs/7.gif">
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs