The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Belief in God hinges on the reality and morality of hell.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#121New Post! Jan 07, 2011 @ 23:46:51
@treebee Said

lemon merangue

I used to scrape the merangue off.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#122New Post! Jan 07, 2011 @ 23:48:00
@Electric_Banana Said

I used to scrape the merangue off.

is the best part!
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#123New Post! Jan 08, 2011 @ 00:46:51
@someone_else Said

There would have to be certain facts in place in order for Hell to exist.

One would be that there is, in fact a God. Two, that God would be either Christianity's God or Islam's Allah since apparently no other religions support hell. Three, God/Allah is greater than mankind. Four, Heaven and Hell are planes of existence that only the dead can access.

So, how do you propose society eliminate a construct that is so far beyond them?

But i'am a true believer in God! But I don't know of anyway I would be able to PROVE He exist to anyone. At least, I don't think I can. And since God is the ONLY higher power that I truly and strongly believe there is...and I don't entirely dismiss anyone who believes other wise....because i'am fully aware, that there are folks who follow all kinds of different faiths, beliefs, and religious practices. Even when i'am asked to prove that God exist, I say, it's not my job to prove.....it's my faith and belief in Him to carry his will out in my life and help lead others to Him if they so desire!

Chicago, Illinois
#124New Post! Jan 08, 2011 @ 00:51:59
@someone_else Said

I can see that...but obviously we'd have a long way to go before we would even find out if that is possibly true. Methinks you've seen Vanilla Sky one too many times.

I loved that movie! It was pretty interesting.

Chicago, Illinois
#125New Post! Jan 08, 2011 @ 01:06:15
@Electric_Banana Said

Ok, let me explain that I haven't spent a whole lot of my life in church. Just a few times to humor religious family members and for a short while when I first went nuts and went running for an exorcism.

But, within Christianity, not all Christian denominations are the same. And that is why there is argument amongst themselves.

No one has told me this but putting the clues together, all but one of the denominations stand as false prophets and are worshiping Satan - hence you get 'righteousness' and 'EGO' and 'Hell.'

I've often times seen Christianity as lesson one in multi tiered classroom. The next, elevated, class from Christianity would be Buddhism or the Tao where in we come to accept that all is intended and light and dark are both important parts of life that must be balanced and accessed in moderation.

Throughout these lessons "Hell" isn't done away with completely but the wrathful and hateful fire and lava idea is.

Within Buddhism it is suggested that the very life we live right now is constructed in such a manner that it can actually be viewed as a 'hell' if the individual's cognitive abilities are not strong enough to default in positive perception of our life.

For every time you've considered 'ending it all', there has also been a time that you've been happy to be alive.

It is through cognition that we eventually find our peace, joy and happiness within this very environment.

Wow, I thought most of what you said here is pretty interesting. And I certainly can see where you are coming from! I also agree with some of your statements here and the way you put your views and beliefs you have is very much what I feel! Well done!!!
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#126New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 15:53:57
@Spinkiegirl Said

But i'am a true believer in God! But I don't know of anyway I would be able to PROVE He exist to anyone. At least, I don't think I can. And since God is the ONLY higher power that I truly and strongly believe there is...and I don't entirely dismiss anyone who believes other wise....because i'am fully aware, that there are folks who follow all kinds of different faiths, beliefs, and religious practices. Even when i'am asked to prove that God exist, I say, it's not my job to prove.....it's my faith and belief in Him to carry his will out in my life and help lead others to Him if they so desire!

While I totally agree with you, I have no idea what that has to do with my post.

The post you quoted for this comment was in response to Electric_Banana's question here:

@Electric_Banana Said

Also - is it a good thing to teach a child to accept and condone a society that would allow a hell to exist?

What I was saying is, Hell doesn't exist simply because we 'allow' it to. Either it exists or it doesn't. People believing in and teaching about Santa Claus doesn't make him real.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#127New Post! Jan 10, 2011 @ 18:35:28
@someone_else Said

What I was saying is, Hell doesn't exist simply because we 'allow' it to. Either it exists or it doesn't. People believing in and teaching about Santa Claus doesn't make him real.

I meant hypothetically if such were the case. The fundamentalists want us to take it seriously so how much more serious can one get about it then to go looking for and finding a way to disarm it and in the meantime making a world-wide distress for everyone to stop reproducing until the situation has been corrected.

Chicago, Illinois
#128New Post! Jan 11, 2011 @ 04:50:55
@someone_else Said

While I totally agree with you, I have no idea what that has to do with my post.

The post you quoted for this comment was in response to Electric_Banana's question here:

Sorry about that. I guess what my point was that for me.....personally.....at the end of the day, it is my own belief in God that matters. No one can answer with ANY facts, if hell or heaven EXIST! I can't, and i've never met anyone who could. I mean how could anyone PROVE either? There's just NO way!

Chicago, Illinois
#129New Post! Jan 11, 2011 @ 04:52:49
@Electric_Banana Said

I meant hypothetically if such were the case. The fundamentalists want us to take it seriously so how much more serious can one get about it then to go looking for and finding a way to disarm it and in the meantime making a world-wide distress for everyone to stop reproducing until the situation has been corrected.

What about me? I've never "reproduced" a human life. But i'am ok with that.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#130New Post! Jan 11, 2011 @ 14:10:36
@Spinkiegirl Said

Sorry about that. I guess what my point was that for me.....personally.....at the end of the day, it is my own belief in God that matters. No one can answer with ANY facts, if hell or heaven EXIST! I can't, and i've never met anyone who could. I mean how could anyone PROVE either? There's just NO way!

Oh yeah...that's why we were speaking completely hypothetically. That's why there was the 'if/then' logic.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs