Pages: << · 1 2
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#16New Post! Dec 13, 2010 @ 17:43:39
@Psycho_Squirrel Said

No I only know What Woodchips showed me

I miss spelled something it's "Guten Tag" Meaning Good Day

That's funny because I Googled what you said and the translation was "Gooden day(s)."
Psycho_Squirrel On November 26, 2017
has gone nuts!

kalamazoo, Michigan
#17New Post! Dec 13, 2010 @ 17:49:24
@Mysteria Said

That's funny because I Googled what you said and the translation was "Gooden day(s)."

Lol ah

Do you know who Woodchips is?
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#18New Post! Dec 13, 2010 @ 17:53:55
@Psycho_Squirrel Said

Lol ah

Do you know who Woodchips is?

Are you referring to sAeGeSpAeNe aka Sawdust? If not, no, I don't know who Woodchips is.
Psycho_Squirrel On November 26, 2017
has gone nuts!

kalamazoo, Michigan
#19New Post! Dec 13, 2010 @ 17:54:38
@Mysteria Said

Are you referring to sAeGeSpAeNe aka Sawdust? If not, no, I don't know who Woodchips is.

Yep Dat'd Him!
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#20New Post! Dec 13, 2010 @ 20:21:16
@Mysteria Said

I was waiting for you to come in and post in this thread about the inaccuracy of Google translator. We've been down this road before, Sawdust.

So, if you have time, I just want to learn basic words should I ever find myself in Germany.

My goal is to become a translator one day. I think German is a beautiful language.

Should you ever find yourself in Germany, eeeehhh?

Well, "basic words" are defined, not so much by the language, but by the personality of the individual who is attempting to acclimate to a new cultural environment...

If your goal is to become a translator, they will always claim that the best translations come from a "native" speaker of the tongue into which the verbal collection is being translated.

For you to become knowledgable about German, it is recommended that you find yourself a source of knowledge... This is best accomplished by the immersion technique -- perhaps I've indicated that, before -- which is merely placing yourself in a location in which you will be bombarded day and night without respite, with German radio, TV and conversational dialect, newspapers and magazines. No English! Your choice of location will largely determine the accent that you will eventually acquire. Drinking alcoholic beverages will enable you to overcome initial inhibitions, and thus induces a quicker rate of learning, as well as an unabashed acceptance of the 'learning experience'.

An alternate Translating Source (besides Google) that is also free...
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#21New Post! Dec 13, 2010 @ 22:23:37
I've said this before on here but one good way (as sAeGeSpAeNe has mentioned) is TV,especially the news,kids programmes and quiz shows are a fun/interactive and easy way to grasp and get used to the language being spoken.

One other thing to watch out for when attempting to learn a new lingo is that there aren't always literal translations from the language to English and vice versa.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#22New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 01:51:13
@sTreetAngeL Said

wooooo...that sounds sexy.

If you were to select the "basic words" [in English] that you want to learn, it would be easy to translate them, and demonstrate use, in a sentence..... But, as said elsewhere, you and your personality determine the "basic words."
atheist666 On August 02, 2022

Giessen, Germany
#23New Post! Aug 18, 2011 @ 02:02:14
@Mysteria Said

But where is another point to say to Guten Tag

For example: You meet somebody, and the first thing you is to say guten Tag; in english you say hello.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs