The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Say goodbye to the privacy of your own car/homes...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#16New Post! Dec 06, 2010 @ 21:29:33
@TheMightyOz Said

Exactly! How dare a government try to protect its country's citizens from bombs, etc. This type of equipment should only be used by criminals to drive up and down residential streets looking in people's houses for objects of value that they may wish to steal. The government should only be allowed to use unhelpful technology.

Im saying, the government should have no grounds to use this. If these vans are to be deployed, they should be operated by private contractors, employed by th DoD, not the DoD directly...

I just find it sad that NONE of you can come to think even for a moment that the "Man" isnt what he seems to be...open your mind up >_>
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#17New Post! Dec 06, 2010 @ 21:37:50
@8FlOz Said

Im saying, the government should have no grounds to use this. If these vans are to be deployed, they should be operated by private contractors, employed by th DoD, not the DoD directly...

I just find it sad that NONE of you can come to think even for a moment that the "Man" isnt what he seems to be...open your mind up >_>

I think this happens when every new generation comes of age. They automatically assume that the previous generation has never thought of that. It's true, some people do still blindly trust that the government does what is best, but what you find out as you get older is that bureaucracy makes it very difficult for them to actually do anything with this technology.

What do you think they're going to do with it? Really.
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Dec 06, 2010 @ 21:39:02
@8FlOz Said

What, because of the inherent trustworthiness of private contractors and their desire to put the needs of society above their own profits?
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#19New Post! Dec 07, 2010 @ 14:07:23
For those who demand the government babysit them cradle to the grave, all that goes with it.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#20New Post! Dec 07, 2010 @ 16:13:53
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#21New Post! Dec 07, 2010 @ 16:19:30
Boxer,If they DO find something, like you said, They couldn't do anything, immediately.BUT at the same time, it would raise red flags so they can start a surveillance of your house, and comings and goings.
If however there was cause for IMMEDIATE action (signature of a dirty bomb,IED or car bomb), there should be a clause in the penal code, or what ever code it would be in, that would allow them to act NOW to save and protect innocent lives.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#22New Post! Dec 07, 2010 @ 16:55:14
Don't worry kid. I doubt big brother would find you interesting enough to spy on anyway.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Dec 07, 2010 @ 16:57:01
It's also known as the wife/girlfriend/partner isn't it
yellowsubgirly3 On December 09, 2010

Lakewood, Colorado
#24New Post! Dec 07, 2010 @ 17:00:03
I love that book (1984) I do believe Big Brother is watching... But that video is very scary. Luckily I haven't seen any sneaky big white vans driving around my neighborhood.
I can see why it would be helpful to some (especially since I, for one, am not hiding anything) and can help prevent bombs etc. I don't like the idea of them looking into houses... And porta potties? Seriously? If they stick to just the roads checking buses/trains/public transport I can see that working out. (This would be nice to have in an airport etc) But other then that, I don't think it is very useful.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs