Forums:
Random

Adoption Shelters

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Dec 05, 2010 @ 06:44:04
For people, especially women and children.

Are there many of these throughout the United States and UK?

Over the past few years I have stumbled upon a number of people (including one man) whom have grown up in strange environments and have not been able to properly develop socially to the point were they get pretensciuosly discouraged by others from practicing those social skills and therefore have a much more difficult time blooming than most families from middle class households that have been readily accepted everywhere they go.

No human should ever be neglected in such a manner and many others are trapped in horrifyingly abusive situations in which they can find no comfort from leaving due to financial dependence. The saddest thing is that often time the people in these situations are good hearted and simple folk.

I personally feel that such outlets should be mandatory and easy to find but as I've never researched the situation before I'm not sure how common shelters are.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 05, 2010 @ 09:17:19
I dont think they even exist in the UK. Over here children are generally fostered out to families. Children's Homes are a massive taboo nowadays seeing as so many had abusive staff.

Of course there are abusive Foster families as well.

People want to adopt babies but children dont find homes so easily especially those with special needs.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Dec 05, 2010 @ 09:20:47
What about financially dependent women about to lose their homes or attempting to relocate from a hostile home environment?

This all goes back to these abortion threads. Taking care of who we already have before we blindly go releasing a bunch more.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 05, 2010 @ 09:24:38
@Electric_Banana Said

What about financially dependent women about to lose their homes or attempting to relocate from a hostile home environment?

This all goes back to these abortion threads. Taking care of who we already have before we blindly go releasing a bunch more.

They would go into a womans shelter initially for protection. If they dont go home they are re-located eventually. If they refuse the shelter they are usually put in a hotel. Not a sw**ky place by any means. Basically they are offered a roof and safety.

They always have a cooling off period before re-locating because most of the time the women would go back to the abusive situation.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#5New Post! Dec 05, 2010 @ 09:51:30
The YMCA/YWCA caters also for men and women who are in serious trouble financially (i.e about to be made homeless).They have services available which tries to support the person and help them into getting their own accommodation ect..

Apologies I worded that all incorrectly but you get my drift??
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Dec 05, 2010 @ 09:53:50
@Wellard Said

The YMCA/YWCA caters also for men and women who are in serious trouble financially (i.e about to be made homeless).They have services available which tries to support the person and help them into getting their own accommodation ect..

Apologies I worded that all incorrectly but you get my drift??

Oh yeah, forgot about them. Good call.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs