The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Technology & Internet

My website is finally online (feedback appreciated)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Dec 03, 2010 @ 23:44:48
@Grasshopper Said

Careful karma!!!! Remember, these people on the site you never met, and will know where you are.

Please be careful.

Ill be ok sweety Ill have 3 girls working for me and all the gym and hotel staff there too.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#32New Post! Dec 03, 2010 @ 23:46:12
@Karma_Junkie Said

Ill be ok sweety Ill have 3 girls working for me and all the gym and hotel staff there too.

Oh, okay. Just giving you a heads up. Don't want stalkers.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#33New Post! Dec 04, 2010 @ 00:09:03
@Karma_Junkie Said

We will have tea and coffee facilities there.

help for moms with kids?
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#34New Post! Dec 04, 2010 @ 00:45:04
@Karma_Junkie Said

Acrylics are more popular over here, but im looking into the new soft gels, I dont like standard gel and acrylic because of the bad state it leaves the natural nail in.

I am not sure what I have. I get fake tips put over my real nail, she cuts them to certain length and uses this gel on them and then French manicure. My nails go in this little easy bake oven.

I hope your salon does really well. You have a lot of great services and the prices, once I converted from pounds to Canadian dollar, are reasonable for those services.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#35New Post! Dec 04, 2010 @ 00:52:08
I forgot to mention this, here all the quality salons are closed Sunday and Monday(so they get two days off a week) so its really nice you guys are open Monday and people can make a Sunday appointment if need be. Not everyone can get there during the week.
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#36New Post! Dec 09, 2010 @ 21:19:21
It's awesome!
Now you jsut need to work on marketing locally and online as well by putting in some SEO works.
bradmerrill On November 20, 2011

Hamilton, Ohio
#37New Post! Dec 28, 2010 @ 02:43:38
Looks good. Simplicity is good - no need for bells and whistles on a salon site because people's main concern will be the phone number and address, and you have that front and center. Nice.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#38New Post! Dec 28, 2010 @ 05:19:17
@Karma_Junkie Said

Its not been optimised yet, it literally went live 2 days ago.

Who did the editing/proofing?
1. Check your Specials page. The plural form of treatment (as in: three from five) would require the use of an S.... otherwise, it will carry a stigma, as long as it's in singular form, but supposed to be three.

2. The name of your business should always be presented in the same fashion, everywhere. But, on the About page, you call it Equilibrium Hair and Beauty spa, when everywhere else, the Spa is capitalized. On the same About page, you make reference to the treatment tab above,...but it's a Treatments tab.

Good Luck with the business!
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Dec 28, 2010 @ 13:43:29
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

Who did the editing/proofing?
1. Check your Specials page. The plural form of treatment (as in: three from five) would require the use of an S.... otherwise, it will carry a stigma, as long as it's in singular form, but supposed to be three.

2. The name of your business should always be presented in the same fashion, everywhere. But, on the About page, you call it Equilibrium Hair and Beauty spa, when everywhere else, the Spa is capitalized. On the same About page, you make reference to the treatment tab above,...but it's a Treatments tab.

Good Luck with the business!

Thanks for that, thats exactly what I need, there is always something you miss so its good to have others read it and pick up on mistakes, i'll get onto that asap, cheers for the feedback.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Dec 28, 2010 @ 13:50:40
I don't know if anyone has said yet, but you might need to find a way to label the tab. When you open the page on Google Chrome it says 'Untitled Document.'

Other than that though it's nicely done and easy to use.
Part-time Nidologist

#41New Post! Dec 28, 2010 @ 14:49:02
@sister_of_mercy Said

I don't know if anyone has said yet, but you might need to find a way to label the tab. When you open the page on Google Chrome it says 'Untitled Document.'

Other than that though it's nicely done and easy to use.

I don't know what you mean by that. I've opened up the link on Chrome, and I can't find a tab that says 'Untitled Document".

However, I did find some other issues...on the Treatments tab:

1. the visual impact of your price lists is irritating to the eye. While individual line items are maintaining a left margin, the prices for those items seems to wander all over... It may be easier to manage if you had two lists (treatment, price) under each category. Then, the prices could all hug the right edge of the column, and all the decimals will line up, and look professional.

2. Your Important Notice (same tab) seems to be written in a telegraph-style of speech, as is some of the other commentary on all tabs, and the lack of commas makes for comprehension and/or reading errors. Why not have it read, as follows?
Unfortunately, your late arrival for a treatment will result in your time being cut short, so as not to inconvenience the next scheduled client.
We ask that your rescheduling or cancellation notice be given at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise a 50% fee will have to be charged. Thank you!

[Alternately: Any rescheduling or cancellation of appointments, with less than 24 hours notice, will incur a 50% charge. Thank you! ]

Question: If a first-time client calls to make an appointment, but then cancels or does not show up, how can you charge them, without having an account, with full particulars?

3. In the notice to the left of the Important Notice, under Eyelash Tinting/Perming, there should be a space between the 24 and the hours, and there should be a comma after the words 'patch test'.

4. Then, there are the flagrant typos under Hair Styling:
Hair extentions available form February 2011

[<extensions> and <from> would be my choice for replacement!]

How about adding a period at the end, just for consistancy's sake?

And why is there a <#> hanging free, in the middle of the page?

5. On your Specials tab, why not say "Ask our staff for further details!" In any event, add some sort of punctuation at the end...
Part-time Nidologist

#42New Post! Dec 28, 2010 @ 15:01:22
@Karma_Junkie Said

Thanks for that, thats exactly what I need, there is always something you miss so its good to have others read it and pick up on mistakes, i'll get onto that asap, cheers for the feedback.

I can't believe that others have not seen -- or found but not told you about -- the minor flaws that should be fixed to create a professional appearance. [see above^^^] Best of Luck!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs