Site Support

Top Friends & Friend Requests

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#1New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 00:39:07

I'm having a problem resetting my friends list. The avatars are stacked at the top, covering the reset and save top friends buttons. When I'm able to click on one of them, my list gets scrambled up again. I'm using Firefox and Opera. Same problem.

Also, I have sent a friend request to a lady who hasn't returned to the forum but there is no "cancel this request" link below the avatar.

Am I the only one having problems with this?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 00:51:40

The table does seem a little messed up. Though you still can click and drag them to lower them off the reset button, and re-order them that way.

And I just sent a friends request, and I have the cancel button, so I'm not sure what is up there.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#3New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 01:15:40

I've tried moving them down and sideways and when I click to save, they go into a random order.
facehugger On December 31, 2011
Comfortably Numb

Flanders, Belgium
#4New Post! Dec 07, 2010 @ 08:01:43
I've noticed that you can't cancel certain friend requests. It seems to depend on the size of the avatar, as far as I can tell. For example, I don't think an avatar like mine (square) can be canceled.

But you can use this link to cancel a friend request:

h t t p : / / www.theforumsite.com/editfriends.php?op=cancel&friend_id=#

Just remove the spaces and replace # with the member ID. You can find the member ID on their profile page by hovering the mouse over 'Send Friend Request' or 'Block Member' or 'Remove'. (Of course, 'Remove' is only there if they are already your friend, and the other two are only there of they aren't your friend yet.)

Another problem with the friend list is that the count is incorrect, at least my count is. At the time of writing I have 106 friends, but if I count them manually I have only 103 friends, not counting TFS. No big deal, but maybe something Tino should fix anyway.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#5New Post! Dec 09, 2010 @ 18:25:26

@facehugger Said

I've noticed that you can't cancel certain friend requests. It seems to depend on the size of the avatar, as far as I can tell. For example, I don't think an avatar like mine (square) can be canceled.

But you can use this link to cancel a friend request:

h t t p : / / www.theforumsite.com/editfriends.php?op=cancel&friend_id=#

Just remove the spaces and replace # with the member ID. You can find the member ID on their profile page by hovering the mouse over 'Send Friend Request' or 'Block Member' or 'Remove'. (Of course, 'Remove' is only there if they are already your friend, and the other two are only there of they aren't your friend yet.)

Another problem with the friend list is that the count is incorrect, at least my count is. At the time of writing I have 106 friends, but if I count them manually I have only 103 friends, not counting TFS. No big deal, but maybe something Tino should fix anyway.

Thanks, face. I really appreciate that.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#6New Post! Dec 09, 2010 @ 18:29:22

That didn't work. Hmmmmmm........
Comfortably Numb

Flanders, Belgium
#7New Post! Dec 09, 2010 @ 18:30:49
@Mysteria Said

That didn't work. Hmmmmmm........

It has worked for me. If you tell me who the user is (either here or in a PM) I'll send you the correct link.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#8New Post! Dec 09, 2010 @ 18:31:53

@facehugger Said

It has worked for me. If you tell me who the user is (either here or in a PM) I'll send you the correct link.

It worked!

Thanks again.
Comfortably Numb

Flanders, Belgium
#9New Post! Dec 11, 2010 @ 11:59:08

I just tested it again myself. Friend requests to people without an avatar don't have a 'Cancel this request' option. The link I provided works though.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs