The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Any other populated forums on the net or is TFS the last of them?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
JustMeAgain On January 03, 2014
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:20:07
@treebee Said

There are lots of forums which are barely moderated and insults are encouraged.

I have seen TFS evolve from a place where you wouldn't dream of being rude to another user because everyone is your friend to the point where other users annoy the pants off you so much so that you need a place to rant.

I am always of the school of thought that adults should be able to thrash out differences and hopefully get to a point where they can get along. It used to happen.

Sadly nothing can ever stay the same.

Well thats the thing with TFS, it's well moderated. (I don't always agree with some decisions, but that's the way it is.)
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:24:07
@JustMeAgain Said

Well thats the thing with TFS, it's well moderated. (I don't always agree with some decisions, but that's the way it is.)

for the record we sometimes dont always agree with each others decisions when moderating but we just have to call it the way we see it at the time and move on. Doesnt happen often though, but before I was a Mod I would get so mad at threads being locked or vanishing I would have typed a massive reply to find that the post no longer exists.

Sometimes I wish we could show you the whole picture as to why we ban or edit people but then again when you are bound to protect privacy it cuts both ways.
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:27:28
@treebee Said

for the record we sometimes dont always agree with each others decisions when moderating but we just have to call it the way we see it at the time and move on. Doesnt happen often though, but before I was a Mod I would get so mad at threads being locked or vanishing I would have typed a massive reply to find that the post no longer exists.

Yeah, I have done that.

@treebee Said

Sometimes I wish we could show you the whole picture as to why we ban or edit people but then again when you are bound to protect privacy it cuts both ways.

But yeah, I can understand that.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:30:13
@JustMeAgain Said

Yeah, I have done that.

But yeah, I can understand that.

Oh the times I have wanted to scream "hes a f***ing pervert" when people have said "oh why is so and so banned, he is great"
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:37:09
I very nearly got banned for flame.
I get wound up by certain people, and I sink to new levels because of it.
Must remember to engage brain before typing.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#21New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:42:54
@treebee Said
I think the genuine reason people continue to use forums is because of friendships formed and habits formed. We all know about gays and abortion and religion and politics. We all heard bulls*** from pseudo-psychologists before. We really dont care for the attention whore any more.

I think forums are changing. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next year or so.

I came here 6 months ago looking primarily for religion and politics, and those forums continue to be very busy. One reason is current events keep politics fresh and changing, and how we interact with each other always comes down to religion/philosophy and how we derive our morality--and that has its influence on politics as well as personal relationships.

I've been doing the message board thing for about 12 years, and this is the busiest general site I've ever been too, and certainly has more women than any others. Why that is and how it has attracted so many Brits is a mystery.

I don't think message boards are fading, their big advantage over Facebook etc. is anonymity. You tie the stuff we say here with a real name and you risk all kinds of invasion of privacy--from pervs to ID thieves. I think people are finding that out about Facebook, Twitter and all.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs