getting drunk in front of kids?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#31New Post! Nov 20, 2010 @ 18:33:43
I don't like the idea of parents being drunk around kids at all, but I might be biased as my niece's dad passed out drunk on top of her when she was 2-3 months old.

My mom only drank when she had some friends over, which wasn't even very often. And she never had more than a couple beers or glasses of wine. So personally, I've never been around a drunk parent, but seeing the way many people act when drunk I wouldn't want them to be around kids whatsoever.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Nov 20, 2010 @ 18:40:08
My parents drank in front of me and my sister all the time when we were growing up, but they'd rarely get drunk. Occasionally one would but the other wouldn't when they were still together so one was always sober enough to be responsible.

My mum would occasionally get a little drunk when she was on her own but by that time my sister and I would be old enough to look after ourselves and she never got so drunk it was a problem, I used to find it funny.

If it is harmful or neglectful then it is a problem, if it's just on occasion and the kids are still looked after then I see no problem with it. I think teaching kids about alcohol is important though. Nothing worse than when you tell a child to get a Pinot Gris only for it to return from the kitchen with a Chardonnay.
kpharriso On November 17, 2016
Batshit crazy :)

Boganville, Australia
#33New Post! Nov 21, 2010 @ 00:00:32
The first time I can remember either of my parents drunk I was probably 10 and my mother was a COMPLETE mess, it hasn't scarred me though. I think it depends on the kid really, when they're really young it's not a good idea (I think either one of my parents remained sober or they both waited until I was in bed asleep). But even kids who are older could struggle with seeing their parents drunk.

As other people have said, providing there's no cussing etc. I think it's fine, your kids are going to see people drunk at some point in their lives, it may as well be you.
LucyRYO On March 17, 2017

Los Angeles, California
#34New Post! Mar 08, 2017 @ 07:24:59
@ssnot_me Said

I am thinking kids old enough to understand it. I did over the summer, and I recall talking to a friends teenager (13 year old) kid and I was slurring my speech. I feel like a real jack a** for it now.

Should it matter if an adult gets drunk in front of kids or not? I don't think it will scar the kid for life, but it sure does set a bad example.

kids will imitate what adults behavior in front of them, it's no a good idea to get drunk in front of kids.and it will lead to your kids hate u if u behavior in a strange way and they might alienate u.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs