Forums:
Food & Drink

nausea when eating apples?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
iamachicken On September 15, 2013

It Burns In, California
#1New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 04:14:49
i love apples, but whenever i eat even a small slice, i feel nauseous. like today, during lunch, i ate two or three apple slices and felt horrible. the nausea went away after about thirty second, which wasn't too long, but i still felt like crap after it went away. i can't find any info online about why this happens. all i can find are people who have the same problem who posted on other forum sites (nothing beats TFS, though ). does anyone have any idea on why apples make me sick?
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 04:17:16
@iamachicken Said

i love apples, but whenever i eat even a small slice, i feel nauseous. like today, during lunch, i ate two or three apple slices and felt horrible. the nausea went away after about thirty second, which wasn't too long, but i still felt like crap after it went away. i can't find any info online about why this happens. all i can find are people who have the same problem who posted on other forum sites (nothing beats TFS, though ). does anyone have any idea on why apples make me sick?

There was a medical factoid going around some time ago that certain apples are very good for curing heartburn or indigestion but in this instance, perhaps you're allergic to them?

Have your parents run you to an allergy doc and get tested. You'll have an itchy back for several days but knowing is half the battle.

It Burns In, California
#3New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 04:39:17
@Electric_Banana Said

There was a medical factoid going around some time ago that certain apples are very good for curing heartburn or indigestion but in this instance, perhaps you're allergic to them?

Have your parents run you to an allergy doc and get tested. You'll have an itchy back for several days but knowing is half the battle.

i highly doubt that i'm allergic since nausea is the only symptom i get, while most people who have food allergies experience difficulty swallowing and itching of the mouth...but i'll see if i can get a doctor's appointment sometime
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 10:03:31
If it's making you ill when you eat apples then stop eating apples. Sorted.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 10:06:04
@sister_of_mercy Said

If it's making you ill when you eat apples then stop eating apples. Sorted.

Yes, if something makes you feel sick when you eat it, surely the solution is stop eating that thing
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#6New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 18:59:36
Ditto on... the stop eating apples
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#7New Post! Nov 04, 2010 @ 19:06:17
Make sure you're washing them good. They could still have pesiticides and stuff on them.

You could be allergic to the apples...you don't need a severe reaction to be allergic. I'm allergic to most insect bites...I react more than most people, but not to the point where I need medical attention.

You could also be allergic to the waxy film that producers puts on apples...so you may want to try organic ones.

If that doesn't work...just take the hint, apples don't like you.

It Burns In, California
#8New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 01:06:34
@x_Laura_x Said

Yes, if something makes you feel sick when you eat it, surely the solution is stop eating that thing

well, the times i felt sick after eating an apple prior to the experience i had that made me post this topic, i thought something else had caused it, but now i'm positive that the apple made me sick, so i haven't eaten them since, and i don't plan to either....

It Burns In, California
#9New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 01:10:01
@boobagins Said

Make sure you're washing them good. They could still have pesiticides and stuff on them.

You could be allergic to the apples...you don't need a severe reaction to be allergic. I'm allergic to most insect bites...I react more than most people, but not to the point where I need medical attention.

You could also be allergic to the waxy film that producers puts on apples...so you may want to try organic ones.

If that doesn't work...just take the hint, apples don't like you.

now that i think about it, i might be slightly allergic....

i don't think i'm allergic to the waxy film since the last time i ate an apple, i ate slices with the skin taken off...

waah but i love you, my delicious, juicy, red, yellow, sometimes pink, maybe green, piece of heaven that makes my fingers sticky...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs