Technology & Internet

Trojan generic 18

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 17:21:20
I have this and the stuff I found on google said it's really really bad and AVG can't kill it and Malwarebytes is just zipping right past it So I don't know if I should turn my laptop off or leave it. Either way when my flatmate gets home I'm going to cry and offer him some chicken I cooked for a sandwich before AVG was like "I found a trojan but I can't get to it".

So basically, how bad is it and what does he have to do to kill it and why me? I mean the only thing I can think of it having been downloaded with is Plants vs Zombies because I upgraded to AVG 2011 yesterday and it did a full scan and didn't turn off yesterday, unless it came with CCleaner or Defraggler but I got them from the piriform site
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#2New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 17:29:46
@crazychica Said

I have this and the stuff I found on google said it's really really bad and AVG can't kill it and Malwarebytes is just zipping right past it So I don't know if I should turn my laptop off or leave it. Either way when my flatmate gets home I'm going to cry and offer him some chicken I cooked for a sandwich before AVG was like "I found a trojan but I can't get to it".

So basically, how bad is it and what does he have to do to kill it and why me? I mean the only thing I can think of it having been downloaded with is Plants vs Zombies because I upgraded to AVG 2011 yesterday and it did a full scan and didn't turn off yesterday, unless it came with CCleaner or Defraggler but I got them from the piriform site

Please tell me you didn't try to get such a cheap game for free?

Don't know what to tell you. I know nothing about it all, it just makes me sad to see that you think you caught something from PvZ. Sorry I can't be more help.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 17:31:31
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Please tell me you didn't try to get such a cheap game for free?

Don't know what to tell you. I know nothing about it all, it just makes me sad to see that you think you caught something from PvZ. Sorry I can't be more help.

Thanks I got it from Big Fish with my Game Club credits This had to be on the day of my flatmate's physics lab of course. Otherwise he'd be here and fixing this while I gave him chicken.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 17:42:07
He's still not here to fix it. I'm actually considering offering the chicken as a sacrifice to the computer gods. I have to work out which one of the Greco-Roman gods would work with computers so I can sacrifice it to them.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#5New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 17:42:43
Not too sure what to say really but this might be of some help.No doubt you have googled this already. -

https://www.computing.net/answers/security/need-help-removing-torjan-horese-generic-18/30361.html

Caught loads of Win32.drop trojans on my last laptop I binned last week through that free smileys sweetim site,hope you get it sorted.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#6New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 17:43:28
Hmm... I do feel bad that I can't help you more, good luck, I hope you flat mate gets back sooner than later.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 18:05:12
It's ok! It was in Windows Defender's virus vault and AVG thought it was running around wreacking havoc! I'm so glad it's all ok and I didn't have to sacrifice my chicken. But thank you people! You're awesome
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#8New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 19:56:39
@crazychica Said

It's ok! It was in Windows Defender's virus vault and AVG thought it was running around wreacking havoc! I'm so glad it's all ok and I didn't have to sacrifice my chicken. But thank you people! You're awesome

Yay! I'm so glad it's okay!!!
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 21:59:58
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Yay! I'm so glad it's okay!!!

Me too When the good with computers flatmate came in me and the other flatmate started to shout almost hysterically at him about how my laptop was being controlled by the monster in most of her nightmares
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs