Forums:
Politics

Political Gridlock?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Naxell On October 10, 2011

Duvall, Washington
#1New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 15:34:47
As I have watched the news, I have noticed that the Republican Party has been gaining a lot of momentum against the Democratic Party. The Republican Party is slamming the Democrats for not providing the promised change that they had said they would give. As such, many groups like the Tea Party have been gaining support for their causes, and many seats are up for grabs now.

My major concern is not about the Republicans having a larger presence; if their methodology of bringing about change works, then so be it. I am worried that, with a Democratic president and a Republican House & Senate, that they would gridlock each other, stall progress, and therefore nothing would get done.

What are your thoughts??
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#2New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 15:52:44
Presidential vetos can be overridden.

The dance can only begin, if enough 'representatives' are elected that will vote because of a mandate from their constituents. As long as we continue to have career politicians in place, we will continue to suffer from the governmental persecution of the populace.

If the voters do not clear the houses of Congress this time around, we will continue to see ourselves being taxed, without representation. The last time around, the revolt against such a situation eventually turned into an all-out war. Get yourselfs to the polls on election day.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs