#47New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 06:38:13
@DestenyGrace Said

It's been a while, Raditz. Glad to see you still love me

Hard to not love the perfect woman.
MaraG On November 15, 2010

Manila, Philippines
#48New Post! Nov 14, 2010 @ 05:12:28
@LuckyCharms Said

Equal rights? Equal roles? Equal respect. It's the last one that I stand firm on. I don't care if a woman or man stays at home watching the kids or goes out and works. What I do care about is that they are given respect for the roles they play in society.

I would class myself as a feminist in that I expect to be treated with respect regardless if I am a working professional or a stay at home mom/wife. I happen to be both. I work part time and tend to the home part time. No kids. It bothers me that women in the past - and to some extent even currently - need to act masculine in order to gain respect that is due.

Women and men, while both human and the same, are both different. Hormones, genetics, biology etc determine this. The reality though is that women and men are slightly different but that difference should not translate into a difference in respect and value given.

I agree with what you just said. However, I think that when women try to act masculine, it is their way of challenging the gender roles that are present in the society. I agree that both men and women are different, and I think gender is there to confirm it. I believe that all men and women should be treated equally, in a way that they should be respected regardless if they are male, female or whatever their gender or sexual orientation is. Even though men, women, individuals do have their differences, what?s more important is that we are all human beings and we all deserve equal rights, privileges, restrictions, and just about the same of everything.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#50New Post! Nov 14, 2010 @ 06:53:02
@Jennifer1984 Said

As a female, I think equal rights would be an excellent idea.

I call bias!
NNewt84 On July 19, 2018

Adelaide, Australia
#51New Post! Feb 09, 2015 @ 02:34:20
@DorkySupergirl Said

I find it odd that some women who want equal rights will say they do not pay for dates because they are a woman.

another favorite is expecting the doors to be held because you a woman. It is good manners to hold a door open for someone so you should but just because you are a woman does not mean anyone has to, especially if men and women are equal.

You can't say pay me the same because I am equal to a man but pay for all our dates because I am a woman.

Well, I'm sure there exist women who will pay for the date. My girlfriend and I take turns paying for things, why is that so hard?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs