Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#31New Post! Oct 08, 2010 @ 11:12:37
@Jennifer1984 Said

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, Pleb (short for Plebian, the name you've given yourself). But at the end of the day, it is exactly that.... an OPINION.

He has now corrected me, and henceforth I shall call him by his proper name. Does that satisfy your Majesty..?

Geoff, the person formerly known as Jim, has never complained about it, and as he is the person being addressed, then surely he is the only one who it should matter to. Frankly, it's none of your business what I call him.

But anyway.... having said that... your opinion is duly noted. And discarded.

Wow. Miss attitude That cracked me up.

Oh and you don't get to call me Pleb. That is saved for my friends and people I actually like.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Oct 08, 2010 @ 11:29:23
@jmo Said

Most people in real life call me either Curly Geofferson or Old Man Geofferson. Here I'm not overly bothered what you call me so long as it isn't 'Jmo'. The 'J' should not be capitalised. I'm rather pedantic about that.

dingle is the same about that, she didn't capitalise it and doesn't like it when people do.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#33New Post! Oct 08, 2010 @ 11:39:13
@jmo Said

I was thinking about this earlier. The North/South divide seems to still be there as strong as ever. Looking at current poll's Labour are well ahead in almost every area of the North, but the Tories and satisfaction with the coalition is significantly more popular throughout almost all of the south.

Why is this still the case?

In the past it made sense as the north was less well-off with more working class people and industries. This is no longer the case though, with regeneration schemes making a difference in many area's the 'It's grim up north' tag is starting to wane, yet the political opinions haven't.

Looking at the East coast of Scotland, it's prosperous, one of the richest parts of the country, yet it is still Labour through and through.

Is this due to an attitude instilled from times gone by? Are people up here more compassionate than those down south or is there something else going on? Party loyalties that won't budge perhaps? What are your thoughts?

Thanks for this interesting thread, jmo. I had previously thought that England, like some other foreign countries, was united. Or at least one land, not divided up into regions like the USA seems to be.

Speaking ONLY as an American, born and bred, I still see divisiveness between our North and South, AND East and West, for that matter. My step-dad is a fifth-generation Floridian, and BOY is he prejudice about Northerners!! His favorite joke is, "I was 16 before I realized GoddamnYankee was three words"!!! But I digress, I'm finding it enlightening to read about how you UK'ers see England. Thanks!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs