News & Current Events

Muslims and Islam Were Part of Twin Towers? Life

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 14, 2010 @ 14:27:19
Sometime in 1999, a construction electrician received a new work assignment from his union. The man, Sinclair Hejazi Abdus-Salaam, was told to report to 2 World Trade Center, the southern of the twin towers.

In the union locker room on the 51st floor, Mr. Abdus-Salaam went through a construction worker?s version of due diligence. In the case of an emergency in the building, he asked his foreman and crew, where was he supposed to reassemble? The answer was the corner of Broadway and Vesey.

Over the next few days, noticing some fellow Muslims on the job, Mr. Abdus-Salaam voiced an equally essential question: ?So where do you pray at?? And so he learned about the Muslim prayer room on the 17th floor of the south tower.

On any given day, Mr. Abdus-Salaam?s companions in the prayer room might include financial analysts, carpenters, receptionists, secretaries and ironworkers. There were American natives, immigrants who had earned citizenship, visitors conducting international business ? the whole Muslim spectrum of nationality and race.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/nyregion/11religion.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

And to add the last paragraph from the article in case some can't be bothered to read it all.

Quote:
?It is a shame, shame, shame,? Mr. Mamdouh, 49, said of the Park51 dispute. ?Sometimes I wake up and think, this is not what I came to America for. I came here to build this country together. People are using this issue for their own agenda. It?s designed to keep the hate going.?

I can't disagree.
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#2New Post! Sep 14, 2010 @ 17:35:19
@SparklyKatie Said

Sometime in 1999, a construction electrician received a new work assignment from his union. The man, Sinclair Hejazi Abdus-Salaam, was told to report to 2 World Trade Center, the southern of the twin towers.

In the union locker room on the 51st floor, Mr. Abdus-Salaam went through a construction worker?s version of due diligence. In the case of an emergency in the building, he asked his foreman and crew, where was he supposed to reassemble? The answer was the corner of Broadway and Vesey.

Over the next few days, noticing some fellow Muslims on the job, Mr. Abdus-Salaam voiced an equally essential question: ?So where do you pray at?? And so he learned about the Muslim prayer room on the 17th floor of the south tower.

On any given day, Mr. Abdus-Salaam?s companions in the prayer room might include financial analysts, carpenters, receptionists, secretaries and ironworkers. There were American natives, immigrants who had earned citizenship, visitors conducting international business ? the whole Muslim spectrum of nationality and race.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/nyregion/11religion.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

And to add the last paragraph from the article in case some can't be bothered to read it all.

I can't disagree.

And Neither can I!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs