AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#31New Post! Sep 14, 2010 @ 16:56:48
@Junkyard_Jim Said

I'll complain when they overstep or do wrong, but I will never condemn a nation as in Post #19, this thread.

What I'm about to say is completely, 100% off topic. You do know that, if you click that little arrow next to a person's name in a quote box, it will take you to the post where they said that...right? So - you didn't really have to include a link (which actually takes you to some completely random thread about testing your typing skills).

**I accidentally posted this in that other thread. **
Junkyard_Jim On August 30, 2011

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#32New Post! Sep 14, 2010 @ 18:36:05
@someone_else Said

What I'm about to say is completely, 100% off topic. You do know that, if you click that little arrow next to a person's name in a quote box, it will take you to the post where they said that...right? So - you didn't really have to include a link (which actually takes you to some completely random thread about testing your typing skills).

**I accidentally posted this in that other thread. **

Sorry about that. I didn't realize the electronic feature was even there. I corrected my post to read "nineteen".
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#33New Post! Sep 14, 2010 @ 18:39:59
@Junkyard_Jim Said

Sorry about that. I didn't realize the electronic feature was even there. I corrected my post to read "nineteen".

It's fairly new but...yeah, if you're not in the habit of clicking on things when you wonder what they are, it's easy to overlook.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#34New Post! Sep 14, 2010 @ 19:49:33
@Jennifer1984 Said
This is the trick, Jim.... According to the US Constitution, they should have EXACTLY the same rights as Christians... Jews... et al. And according to US law, they have..!!

I wonder, if Christians were to fly planes into Mecca and kill Muslims during their hajj, then ask to build a church there, and call it, say, the First Apostolic Church of the Holy Crusade, would you support it?

I think we all know the answer.

And of course, your opinion would not matter anyway, because kufars are not even allowed into this Muslim holy area...

This is a pretty close analogy to the idea of Imam Rauf - the initial name of the project was Cordoba. Cordoba of course, being a city captured by force by Muslims, where the jizya was enforced, and Christians and Jews enslaved and/or killed, and the biggest cathedral was smashed down and replaced with a Mosque funded by the jizya (but, don't take my word for it, do some research and see that what I say is historically accurate).

@Jennifer1984 Said
The guiding principles of the United States, and its written laws are amongst the most civilised anywhere in the world. The US Constitution is (almost, excluding the much abused "right to bear arms" ) such an enlightened document that the whole world should look up to it..... I say, "look up to it"... but hould not have it forced upon them. It belongs to America, other countries must find their own path.

So, you support the right of Iran and Saudi Arabia to fund terror? you support the right of the Shia government of Iran to openly seek the total annihilation of Israel in compliance to their holy text? A nation seeking to commit genocide should be allowed free unfettered access to the people it desires to kill?

Or, do you mean something else?

@Jennifer1984 Said
Afghanistan should find its own path to democracy. If the people want to remain a stone age feudal / vassall state, then that is their right. If they ever wanted to become a pro-western democracy, then a leader would emerge to inspire the people towards that end. But it has to be done by themselves. That is the only way they can aspire to their own nationhood. We can't force our political systems on them.

So, we should allow Afghanistan to supply the world with cocaine, heroin and terrorists, slaughter its Christian population, preach genocide against Jews, the destruction of Israel, death and enslavement of all kufars (which is us non-Muslims), ban women from getting an education, behead dissenters and aid workers and offer sanctuary to groups with the global reach, financial power and will, to launch terror attacks against us? Could you please tell me why we should do that... I just can't see it. (And if you do respond to this post, please do not ramble inanely, actually say something that has some kind of research behind it, not just uneducated opinion).

@Jennifer1984 Said
The principles of the US Constitution, as written are fine (notwithstanding the gun rule, which, in my opinon, should be removed).... it's the people that suck. They have prostituted that document, and exploited the laws of their own country in such a way as to have become a perverse nation that thinks it has the right to force its will... it's economic systems... it's political institutions..... and worst of all, it's military muscle.... on the rest of the world.

Unlike Islamic terror groups, who seek dialogue.

@Jennifer1984 Said
It's a nation that thinks it has the right to take the resources of the planet for it's own use and to hell with everyone else. They attempt to achieve this by crooked deals, bent trade agreements, dishonourable treaties or any other means by which they can get their hands on what they want.

And the rest of the world is so honourable - I mean, there are no bad things done by anyone else...

@Jennifer1984 Said
And if those things fail, they will simply bomb the country into submission and then install a puppet regime that will take orders from Washington. Don't believe me..? Look no further than Iraq and Afghanistan.

I do not think the Americans are stupid enough to think that they will get a complicit government in Iraq or Afghanistan. Also, you do realise that Saddam was committing genocide against Kurds don't you? The Taleban were supporting Osama Bin Laden... remember him, he is the guy who has played a part in orchestrating terror attacks around the world, and plays a part in the funding of global terror (along with other Saudis of course).

@Jennifer1984 Said
And all this is done in the name of God.

Bulls***. This has little if anything to do with God on the western side - it has to do with stopping idiot Islamic fundamentalists killing innocent westerners in the name of allah.

@Jennifer1984 Said
When idiotic men like Pastor Jones (I don't believe he is a fundamentally wicked man, he is merely stupid, and a prime example of the religious fundamentalism that has the country in its grip today) propose burning books as some sort of holy event, and requires massive international condemnation, political pressure and the threat of provoking mad Islamists to do their worst, before he will back down.... then we know there is something fundamentally sick in that society.

Yeah, that evil prick... he should burn down churches and kill innocent people the way that Muslims do in Pakistan and other places, that would show a level of civility, and prove that his religion is tolerant, and that his society is a healthy one. https://www.persecution.com.au/news.asp?id=619&pid=1

@Jennifer1984 Said
The men who drafted the US Constitution would weep for what has happened to the country they founded, if they were alive today.

A paragraph that is emotive, meaningless bulls*** and adds nothing to the discussion. The people who wrote the constitution had no idea that a fundamentalist religion with the aim of world domination, would one day be operating in the USA with aims completely hostile to the aims of the American constitution.

@Jennifer1984 Said
The United States has a wonderfully diverse culture. It has given the world some of the most wonderful art, music, theatre, cinema, sport... you name it. It has so much to offer and yet, at the same time it has an insane gun culture and it openly discriminates against 10% of it's own population, denies them the right to marriage, and tolerates the open persecution of that minority.

More tiresome, inane rambling...

@Jennifer1984 Said
A country that sent it's young men to free the world in the 1940's, in the TRUE cause of liberation and freedom, has turned into the aggressor. How the hell did that happen..?

I am not sure, but I will take a crack at answering this one.

@Jennifer1984 Said
What does the world make of the this..? Frankly, I think most of us are confused. We so want to believe in the USA as a benign, global policeman.... a beneficial superpower doing what it does for the benefit of all humankind. But events tell us that this is not so.

No you're right here. had the USA not intervened, we could be controlled by Stalinists, Hitlerites, Marxists, or, in the future if Islamic whackjobs get their way, Islamic fundamentalism and its wonderful sharia law... as a woman you would love that... all of these things are so much more tolerant and benign than the USA.

@Jennifer1984 Said
Events tell us of a greedy, warlike nation bent on dominating the planet for its own ends, and doing it, using the rhetoric of liberty and peace as a cover, whilst pursuing aggression and oppression blatantly, before our very eyes.

Are you talking about Saudi Arabia, the exporters and funders of much terror here, or the US? It is hard to tell.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs