Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#16New Post! Sep 08, 2010 @ 14:22:57
I would have to say that it was unethical, but since she gave her permission, it wasn't molestation.

It's a fine line, but it's there.
lil_bear01 On February 18, 2011

Deleted

In my igloo, Canada
#17New Post! Sep 08, 2010 @ 14:24:31
Wrong on the Doc's part.

He's in a position of power and abused that power to the highest degree even if she did agree.

She is a patient and most patients will accede to their doctors without question thinking the 'Doctor knows best'..

Shame on him!! Total abuse of his 'power'.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Sep 08, 2010 @ 14:32:01
He overstepped the bounds and took advantage of her. She was misled into giving her consent so I'm not sure where the law stands on it. It was wrong anyway
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#19New Post! Sep 08, 2010 @ 14:38:07
The article states he had her permission.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Sep 08, 2010 @ 14:57:39
I would agree with Lilbear. Its an abuse of position. There is absolutely no conclusion can be derived from sucking a nipple. If you can suck fluid out you can draw it out with your hand. The Doctor had no reason to do this.

We give the medical profession permission to do all sorts of intrusive things to us and wholeheartedly believe it is entirely in our best interests. This kind of thing give the profession a bad name and loss of confidence.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#21New Post! Sep 08, 2010 @ 17:11:31
Consent or not, it's very odd.

I don't know that it's necessarily molestation, since she gave consent, but I don't think he should be practicing medicine. He doesn't seem to have a grasp on rules of professional conduct
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Sep 08, 2010 @ 17:19:30
Inappropriate yes, molestation no. The patient should not have consented to the procedure if she didnt want it done, I do however find the doctors methods a little unorthodox.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#23New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 16:31:19
I guess it depends on what the laws are there. I would say that it is illegal in Canada and US. Perhaps many years ago, it would not have been anything but we have advanced on technology.

She might have given consent but she does not have a medical background, he does. Maybe she thought that was how it was done? A lot of people have a blind trust in doctors.

What if I was having my first pap test and did not know how it was done and the doctor told me he had to so a certain thing, then I talked about it with friends and they all said, doctors do not do that and it turned out I was in deed molested.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#24New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 16:40:51
I guess not...But EWWWW!
Not a dude.

Deleted

#25New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 16:43:05
@DorkySupergirl Said

I guess it depends on what the laws are there. I would say that it is illegal in Canada and US. Perhaps many years ago, it would not have been anything but we have advanced on technology.

She might have given consent but she does not have a medical background, he does. Maybe she thought that was how it was done? A lot of people have a blind trust in doctors.

What if I was having my first pap test and did not know how it was done and the doctor told me he had to so a certain thing, then I talked about it with friends and they all said, doctors do not do that and it turned out I was in deed molested.

Awww. I'm sorry DSG.

This is why, at least in the States, if you're having something like that done, there is a female nurse present. Of course, these days, it's as much for the protection of the patient as it is for the protection of the doctor.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#26New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 16:52:28
@someone_else Said

Awww. I'm sorry DSG.

This is why, at least in the States, if you're having something like that done, there is a female nurse present. Of course, these days, it's as much for the protection of the patient as it is for the protection of the doctor.

Sorry for any confusion, I was just using a pap test as an example of someone not knowing about a procedure and how a doctor could turn that to his advantage and molest a patient. Sorry if I confused you to think it had happened to me, just a general example.

In Canada, if you are underage a nurse or the secretary comes in. Then after that some doctors have nurse come or secretary and some do not but you can ask for one.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#27New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 21:22:19
@DorkySupergirl Said

Sorry for any confusion, I was just using a pap test as an example of someone not knowing about a procedure and how a doctor could turn that to his advantage and molest a patient. Sorry if I confused you to think it had happened to me, just a general example.

In Canada, if you are underage a nurse or the secretary comes in. Then after that some doctors have nurse come or secretary and some do not but you can ask for one.

Oh yep...that's me. I totally missed that "What if" at the beginning of your last sentence.

I hadn't seen a doctor since my daughter was born over 5 years ago. I somewhat recently went in to see a new doctor (he's our family doctor but it was my first time seeing him as a patient) and the nurse came in during my exam. For some reason, I think I would feel more awkward if it was a secretary.
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 21:43:36
I just keep seeing the word "molestation" as "Mole Station", and imagining little furry creatures waiting for trains!
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#29New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 23:01:25
@TheMightyOz Said

I just keep seeing the word "molestation" as "Mole Station", and imagining little furry creatures waiting for trains!

Never saw it that way,but the mind is running wild now
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs