PCs

My computer freezes when I right click

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JustMeAgain On January 03, 2014
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 29, 2010 @ 10:12:02
I noticed this a couple of days ago when I went to play some music. I opened up the music file, selected (and highlighted the files I wanted to play) but when I right clicked to get the play option, the cursor turned to the hourglass and stayed like that. I had to ctrl-alt-delete to close the folder, which wasn't responding. It works on the second attempt tho. This happens every time I right click now.
Can anyone tell me what's going on with that?

Edit. This only happens in files offline. Online, it works fine for some reason.
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 29, 2010 @ 18:43:05
I did a bit of tweaking, and it seems to be ok now. I am not sure what caused it, or cured it for that matter.
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#3New Post! Aug 29, 2010 @ 18:50:47
Same as mine at times.

And worst, when the mouse somehow hover over the "send to" or "create new". It'll take longer.

From what I've observed, it's mostly because on offline files once you right click, the comp scan for all programs installed to work in right clicks.
- I mean for example, you can have pdf to words, winzip, rar, unlocker, etc.. that'll give you options when right clicked. The comp scanned for those to display under right click..
- Same goes if mouse cursor was somehow on "Create new". THe more program you have, it'll scan all whatever you can create new ( I have new folder, text, MS docs, and some 22 others)

And other times, too much running in the background. That's why tweak and clean-ups do wonders.
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 29, 2010 @ 18:54:35
@Ko Said

Same as mine at times.

And worst, when the mouse somehow hover over the "send to" or "create new". It'll take longer.

From what I've observed, it's mostly because on offline files once you right click, the comp scan for all programs installed to work in right clicks.
- I mean for example, you can have pdf to words, winzip, rar, unlocker, etc.. that'll give you options when right clicked. The comp scanned for those to display under right click..
- Same goes if mouse cursor was somehow on "Create new". THe more program you have, it'll scan all whatever you can create new ( I have new folder, text, MS docs, and some 22 others)

And other times, too much running in the background. That's why tweak and clean-ups do wonders.

I ran windows washer asbout 12 times and did a virus scan, to be on the safe side. I also ret my IP adress, but I doubt that did anything.
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#5New Post! Aug 29, 2010 @ 19:00:56
@JustMeAgain Said

I ran windows washer asbout 12 times and did a virus scan, to be on the safe side. I also ret my IP adress, but I doubt that did anything.

Ya I do the same. I use the 'sweeper' something program.
IP reset should work, but depends. Sometimes website or ads can put in some sort of tracking and callbacks.

Better be on the safe side than not eh? Oh ya, I use spybot too.
I get paranoid at times and do all cleaning.
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 29, 2010 @ 19:09:24
I left housekeeping of the comp a little too long this time. Normally I do it every month.
I am not too worried about spyware, as long as I do a cleanup every now and then, and avoid dodgy sites. (Present site excepted)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs