The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Animal Rights

How would you vote about a "shark attack"?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#46New Post! Aug 18, 2010 @ 18:39:09
@someone_else Said

And then what? Round up all the sharks of that type and purge their stomachs to see if one of them contains an undigested piece of human?

That sounded asinine to me...
I'm being realistic too...If the shark sticks around and becomes a serial biter, then it shouldn't take long to id the animal and deal with it appropriately, but in all possibilities, the shark will more than likely be long gone, and a "wild shark hunt" would be nonproductive in getting the right shark, it would also more than likely harm the ecological balance of the surrounding eco- system
Carolyn2602 On February 14, 2012

Brisbane, Australia
#47New Post! Aug 18, 2010 @ 21:01:15
@jonnythan Said

I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but my understanding is that sharks apparently do not view human beings on the surface as natural prey; as a result, the majority of shark attacks on humans can be attributed to the shark thinking the human may be another animal such as a seal or desperation from hunger. However, once a shark does attack and/or eat human flesh, the shark may be much more likely to attack humans again.

Therefore, since there's the distinct possibility that this particular shark is much more likely to attack another human now that it has already done it once, it's simply too dangerous to allow it to live in the wild. Capture it and put it in an aquarium or something if you want to, but it shouldn't be allowed to continue predating those waters.

Any shark attack on a human is accidental. Sharks do not enjoy the taste of human flesh. Sharks often mistake surfers for seals based on their appearance from underwater, especially with the two legs hanging down.

Sharks do not develop an acquired taste for human flesh, this is very unattractive to sharks.

As I stated earlier on this thread, there are a few very basic rules to follow to avoid a shark attack if one insists on entering the shark's territory. Of course, arrogance prevents many people following those rules, as with most things involving dominance over other animals.

I don't believe there is any certainty over which particular shark attacked this man, how would you suggest catching "it"?
iluvitar On June 05, 2013

akron, Ohio
#48New Post! Aug 18, 2010 @ 21:03:47
@Carolyn2602 Said

Any shark attack on a human is accidental. Sharks do not enjoy the taste of human flesh. Sharks often mistake surfers for seals based on their appearance from underwater, especially with the two legs hanging down.

Sharks do not develop an acquired taste for human flesh, this is very unattractive to sharks.

As I stated earlier on this thread, there are a few very basic rules to follow to avoid a shark attack if one insists on entering the shark's territory. Of course, arrogance prevents many people following those rules, as with most things involving dominance over other animals.

I don't believe there is any certainty over which particular shark attacked this man, how would you suggest catching "it"?

i dont know what ur talkin about, im friends with all kinds of sharks and they dont mind human. its just so fattening though
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#49New Post! Aug 18, 2010 @ 21:05:41
The shark should be put on trial.

iluvitar On June 05, 2013

akron, Ohio
#50New Post! Aug 18, 2010 @ 21:08:44
@Ko Said

The shark should be put on trial.

agreed. sharks have rights too
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#51New Post! Aug 18, 2010 @ 21:32:15
Like I said about the Eagle eating the baby... If they kill that shark, I'll kill THEM!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs