Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...11 12 13
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#181New Post! Oct 13, 2010 @ 04:12:22
@someone_else Said

I couldn't explain this so I went looking (yay internet!) and found this:

That's about the best explanation I can find. Like I said before, it only makes it slightly different.

Ugh, I used 'every one' in exactly the right context similar to what you described once and had a boss tell me 'every one' is one word. I knew i was right, and what you posted shows that I was. It isn't always 'everyone' sometimes it is EVERY ONE! LOL rant over.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#182New Post! Oct 13, 2010 @ 08:59:49
@shinobinoz Said

Getting your threads mixed up I see.

Not at all. You wanted an example, and I gave you the perfect example that just happened to be recent.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#183New Post! Oct 14, 2010 @ 03:53:23
@crazylikeafox Said

Not at all. You wanted an example, and I gave you the perfect example that just happened to be recent.

You said "I've READ posts from you where you've made outlandish assumptions about political opponents based on little to nothing. Who on Earth would tell you differently?"
So now you want to expand that from political to social?
OK. And where did I state that she would do that?
I said using her reasoning she would thus have to fall on the wrong side of civil rights movement. Not outlandish.
Following along better now?
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#184New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 02:41:28
@Beth Said

Wrong. You have taken it upon yourself to speak for the rest of the world. I have never used 'nigger' (let's stop being so excrutiatingly delicate, indeed I never saw any difference between my black friends and me maybe because I was not raised that way.
Having said that, I find it a mystery as to why some small minority of black people choose to use this word with no censure.
Here in England we would call it political correctness 'gone mad'.

Being half black, I can tell that most blacks use of the word is NOT done so in an offensive manner. Don't get me wrong......I never use the word.....don't like the word used in my company...nor do I hang out with folks who use it! The word to me...is DISGUSTING! But like I said....most blacks don't call each other the n-word, and if they do, it's not meant to be offensive. When most blacks say that word...they put an "a" instead of "er".....two very different words...used in two very different ways. I'am 48 and I don't think I have EVER heard with my own ears, a black person calling another black person "ni**er"
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#185New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 02:50:56
@Spinkiegirl Said

I'am 48 and I don't think I have EVER heard with my own ears, a black person calling another black person "ni**er"

I've heard that. A lot.

I've probably heard it more when a black person says it in a degrading way than I've heard a white person saying it at all. However, I agree, more often than not I've heard it said more like as a meaning in regards to calling someone you brother. And yes, that's with a "a" and not "er"

To me though... same word, different meaning.

I'm reminded of Clerks II..

"It's cool, I'm taking it back" classic, wrong, but classic
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#186New Post! Oct 15, 2010 @ 21:12:42
@shinobinoz Said

You said "I've READ posts from you where you've made outlandish assumptions about political opponents based on little to nothing. Who on Earth would tell you differently?"
So now you want to expand that from political to social?
OK. And where did I state that she would do that?
I said using her reasoning she would thus have to fall on the wrong side of civil rights movement. Not outlandish.
Following along better now?

I'm not expanding it to social at all, the posts in question were purely political. Also, here's the important part of the post.

Quote:
Too young were you to take sides in the civil rights era? Wanna bet which side you would have fallen on? Shame on you.

It's pretty cut and dry. You claimed she would've sided with the segregationists. No comparisons, no "this is where the reasoning logically leads to." Just plain old outlandish accusations against a political opponent.

Chicago, Illinois
#187New Post! Oct 16, 2010 @ 21:41:06
@PTF Said

I think this Dr.Sclessinger thing has gotten out of hand.
I don't see where there's a problem.
I believe we all said the "N" word in different fasion during our lifetime.
If we don't say it,we think it.
This is she was referring to,an example on how it's used...that's all.

NO! What's "gotten out of hand" is EVERYONE who chooses to use the word, PERIOD! I don't know ONE person, who doesn't realize the HATEFULNESS and pure OFFENSIVENESS the word itself represents! In that....it's a PROBLEM! In this country, we have the freedom...to say whatever we want to say.....fine, but if you know saying that word is "offensive", then why say it? And don't "believe" we all use that word....cause I DON'T!!!! It's a DISGUSTING word! I don't give a dam WHO says it!

Chicago, Illinois
#188New Post! Oct 16, 2010 @ 22:48:36
@squirt_aka_casey Said

I've heard that. A lot.

I've probably heard it more when a black person says it in a degrading way than I've heard a white person saying it at all. However, I agree, more often than not I've heard it said more like as a meaning in regards to calling someone you brother. And yes, that's with a "a" and not "er"

To me though... same word, different meaning.

I'm reminded of Clerks II..

"It's cool, I'm taking it back" classic, wrong, but classic

Yeah, I saw that movie....that scene was funny and I laughed. However, I respectfully disagree with you......"nigga" and "ni**er" are NOT the same in anyway! And let me explain why......well, you state that you have probably heard it by blacks use of it in a "degrading" way, more than you've heard whites use it at all. I have no reason not to believe what you say.....that has been YOUR experience, correct? But it has NOT been mine, nor the 100's of blacks in my family or my close and personal black friends and most of my close co-workers. And this is just MY personal observation with this word over my 48rs. on this earth and in this country in particular. I don't know what race you are, (not that it matters) to me one bit. I happen to like you! However, I have for many years, been painfully aware of what goes on around me when it comes to this issue......and that is this. Keep in mind, i'am speaking from 'my' vast experiences with COMPLETE understanding and KNOWLEDGE on both the use of the TWO words and there DIFFERENT meanings when IMO, are WRONGLY used by black folks, white folks, or anyone's use of the two words. It's has always been MY experience, that if you KNOW where the TRUE origin of the word "ni**er" came from, and who in our past used it to referrer to what whites felt and BELIEVED about blacks was mostly the vast majority of non-whites, then it's clear, or at least it NEEDS to be CLEAR...that it was indeed said by some whites to INTENTIONALLY "offend" and further "degrade" blacks! I'am, so sorry, I have to reboot my PC. Will finish this post when my internet completes their "updates"......Thanks!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...11 12 13

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs