News & Current Events

M?tley Crue, Iggy Pop and Iron Maiden caught in storm

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Chrill On August 01, 2022
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#1New Post! Aug 08, 2010 @ 17:07:34
The Finnish edition of Sonisphere, headlined by Iron Maiden, M?tley Cr?e and Iggy Pop has been struck by extreme weather. The main stage of Finnish Sonisphere has been destroyed by tornados, M?tley Cr?e's equipment has been destroyed, and Iron Maiden's airplane has been damaged after a tornado hit the airport it was parked at.

Two people in the audience have severe injuries whilst another 40 has been taken to hospital for minor injuries.

Iggy Pop is currently trying to perform with an acoustic set.

GoogleTranslate from Swedish newspaper:

Two injured in hard rock festival

Two people have been seriously injured after a violent storm suspended Sonisphere festival in Pori, Finland.

A total of about 40 people received injuries after the storm blown down tents and have part of the scene structure to collapse over the audience, reports the Finnish YLE.

One of the main stages were also destroyed in the storm and trees blown down.

Iron Maiden's plane damaged:

A tornado over the airport was also damaged including one aircraft used by Iron Maiden's tour staff, the newspaper Satakunnan Kansa reports. The plane was, however, on the ground at the moment and the group is in the safety in the town of Pori.

Huvudstadsbladet reporter for the festival speak of hail so hard that "you're short of breath".

Despite the extreme weather, the artists are doing their best to continue the show. According to Yle, Iggy Pop is trying to save the day by playing with an acoustic set.

M?tley Cr?e bass player Nikki Sixx writes on Twitter that the band's equipment was destroyed.

- We are sorry, but we we can not play tonight. f***: (he writes.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Jul 31, 2013 @ 13:04:30
@Chrill Said

Iggy Pop is currently trying to perform with an acoustic set.

I wish I was there and Iggy was playing an acoustic version of Candy while the storm was raging.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Aug 01, 2013 @ 02:38:08
@chaski Said

I wish I was there and Iggy was playing an acoustic version of Candy while the storm was raging.

Gotta be "I wanna be your dog" dawg!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs