Society & Lifestyles

People who Talk a lot or Speak Intensely

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Xavery On August 15, 2023
Certifiable BOT

Big City, Canada
#1New Post! Aug 05, 2010 @ 22:01:02
I find talkative people or people who are intense when they speak energy vampires.

One woman who I work with gets going and speaks rapidly about ideas that I have not always considered. Her voice is loud and intense. She speaks with conviction and this is fine but it is hard to get a word in and something starts to happen to me. I believe what she says is meaningful but I need time to process this.

This only happens to me with her when we are in a group. She tends to become domineering.

I feel tired. My energy seems to plummet. I feel like she is sucking the air right out of me.

Another woman talks a lot and loudly. She is excited but nothing she says is meaningful.

This woman is tiresome in a different way. I want to get away from her or shut her down.

I was wondering if other people find big talkers tiresome.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 05, 2010 @ 22:05:42
I find those who talk excessively and loudly to be quite intimidating. If I'm in a group where there is a loud, energetic speaker then I just stay quiet and do my own thing. I don't like to compete to be heard so choose not to interact.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#3New Post! Aug 05, 2010 @ 22:09:26
I've learned to be wary of people who talk excessively. They almost always have weird problems with their personality. Usually involving not being very good at understanding that other people's opinions matter as much as their own. I've found they are usually either control freaks, narcissistic, or emotionally oblivious to anyone else's perspective.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 05, 2010 @ 22:13:59
"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools because they have to say something."

Sums it up quite well.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#5New Post! Aug 05, 2010 @ 22:14:39
Wow. I know a man who does this and yes, talking to him does just suck the energy right out of me. He doesn't exactly stutter, but he says and and and and and in a way that doesn't allow you to process what he's trying to say. It's like the verbal jitters.

And then you say "I get it" and he proceeds to explain why he said it, or why he might understand if you thought something weird about it.

Like Lili said, it's indicative of something wrong with his personality.

Oh...he frequently says "Also, too.. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/cache/chitchat247.com/Smileys/animated/ecomcity.gif"> " and that just irks me.
Certifiable BOT

Big City, Canada
#6New Post! Aug 06, 2010 @ 04:46:29
I guess some people just speak in ways that can drain others. The second person I described appears balanced but does live her life in a way that show she is mature. She sort of hides from the world and does not really get out there and do things. I think she is a bit fearful.

The first person that I described is likely balanced but feels insecure in crowds so she tries to impress others by blowing things out.She might be a bit insecure but compared to the rambler, she is balanced.

I do not really have the gift of gab myself. I am not going to impress people by launching into a lengthy monologue. The first person I described can and the second just rambles. I work with short one liners. But I can write well enough to bring people into line, but more importantly I can write to get across what is right and what is wrong in a situation. This is because I am sincere and tend not to jerk people around.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#7New Post! Aug 06, 2010 @ 04:56:44
I'm a nervous chatterer, but I'm soft-spoken. I don't know why I do it.
Certifiable BOT

Big City, Canada
#8New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 05:12:01
Mysteria ... I know that you are not like either one of these people. They are like Lucy in Charlie Brown. Their voices are so loud that they could knock you over. I still maintain that they are energy vampires. This is not nervous talk.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#9New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 13:32:36
@Xavery Said

Mysteria ... I know that you are not like either one of these people. They are like Lucy in Charlie Brown. Their voices are so loud that they could knock you over. I still maintain that they are energy vampires. This is not nervous talk.

Thanks for saying that. I wanted to add that I don't chatter so much unless I'm with certain people that I'm nervous around in the first place. If I'm not talking, they complain. Oh, there must be something wrong because I'm quiet! When I do talk, I'm doing it because I feel pressured to keep a conversation going. I've only been told by ONE person that my voice carries. Everyone else says I have a soft voice and some people can't even hear me. Only two people have said that my chattering makes them nervous. EVERYTHING makes them nervous! Like you, I can't stand LOUD people. Their voices seem to jar me from the inside out and I want to say STFU!. I just get away from them, if possible. I'm sorry you have to work with people like that. Ugh! Another thing I hate is people who try and talk over me instead of waiting till I'm finished talking.
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#10New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 13:37:13
I hate people who talk in cliches,or song titles. It illustrates their vapidity!
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#11New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 13:47:41
Yeah...especially when your personality is extremely introverted and quiet.

I like quiet...I revel in it. I find myself getting tired listening and talking to people who constantly talk. Nothing wrong with it in short burst, but constantly...eh.

But on the opposite end, people who don't talk at all or seldom talk. I'm teeter on that edge quite a bit sometimes, not that I can't talk or don't want to talk...it's just that I find talking literally to be extremely exhausting, that I rather not talk. I find myself feeling tired when I'm talking quiet a bit, it's just not me...I mean I can play soccer or tennis for hours and its not the same kind of tired that I feel when I talk (if that makes sense)

I think I communicate pretty well, but sometimes people think I'm too quiet. Eh...we all have our quirks sometimes. I pretty much stay in the middle, though when I'm in my own little world, I teeter to the other edge...makes me a great listener though.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#12New Post! Aug 09, 2010 @ 13:50:50
I especially hate the excessive talking at work. There are a few people here that need to talk constatnly. Every step or process they do, they HAVE to say it out loud.

"okay, I'm going to do this and click here, and I will put this aside because I don't want to get it mixed up with the other batch."

THIS DRIVES me INSANE. I hate people that need to vocalize every effing little thing they do.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs