The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Should America withdraw completely from Iraq?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Junkyard_Jim On August 30, 2011

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#16New Post! Dec 13, 2010 @ 14:30:00
@Conflict Said

America should annex all territories that harbor terrorism and bring them under the flag of the USA, not withdraw from them. It is the only way we can ensure long term secrurity for the world. Iraq is one such example. If the US Army pulls out their armed forces and does not impose its will, they will only give the Taliban and Al Quaida a chance to rebuild their own military forces and reemerge from the conflict stronger than before. This has been the case of any army that was not defeated in the battlefield. I hope America realizes this and completes its campaign to eradicate terrorism once and for all. Five hundred years ago, Iraq would have been conquered. I would prefer this to the prolonged agony and lack of success we seem to create in today?s conflicts.

Won't happen ever. Not in our DNA to take in territories and why deal with an area as crazy as the MidEast in any case? The US, under UN auspices, has never withdrawn from Korea and we have not received help from the UN at the levels we voluntarily offer and provide. I believe you will begin to see the opposite occur as the new US Congress sets up and the 2012 elections approach and pass. The US will begin to move its military out of many areas and let the chips fall. Time for the UN to stand up and do something, other than critiicize our country and put restrictions on their own involvement due to physical risks.
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#17New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 09:28:53
I am pleased to learn that America will stay in Iraq to maintain public order. It?s the least they can do. All these people who say it?s none of America?s business to be there are just indifferent sods who need to take a more proactive role in their societies. To place your armed forces in other countries is a noble display of unity and determination to keep the peace. George Lucus understood this with his creation of the Galactic Empire. Perhaps mankind in the real world will form a similar body.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs