News & Current Events

SEC Says it is exempted from the Freedom of Information Act

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jackmcg On August 20, 2010

Deleted

West Chester, Pennsylvania
#1New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 19:51:49
The SEC has issued a self-interpretation of the new Financial Regulatory Law that it claims exempts the SEC from having to comply with any requests for information from the American public under the Freedom of Information Act. https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2010/07/28/sec-says-new-finreg-law-exempts-public-disclosure/
If unchallenged or upheld this interpretation will allow the SEC to ignore any information requests filed by the public regardless of criminal or civil cases.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#2New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 22:34:13
@jackmcg Said

The SEC has issued a self-interpretation of the new Financial Regulatory Law that it claims exempts the SEC from having to comply with any requests for information from the American public under the Freedom of Information Act. https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2010/07/28/sec-says-new-finreg-law-exempts-public-disclosure/
If unchallenged or upheld this interpretation will allow the SEC to ignore any information requests filed by the public regardless of criminal or civil cases.

A) Who said this, and

B) Who said the administration won't fight this interpretation, if it turns out to be have been actually said?
jackmcg On August 20, 2010

Deleted

West Chester, Pennsylvania
#3New Post! Jul 29, 2010 @ 01:28:52
@nooneinparticular Said

A) Who said this, and

B) Who said the administration won't fight this interpretation, if it turns out to be have been actually said?

I'd suggest you read the link. Its a relatively comprehensive article. You can believe it or not believe it. Apparently, a spokesman or spokeswoman for the SEC said it and the WH has not issued a position statement yet. No statement would generally indicate the WH will support or not interfere. Why do you ask what you ask?
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#4New Post! Jul 29, 2010 @ 18:17:07
@jackmcg Said

I'd suggest you read the link. Its a relatively comprehensive article. You can believe it or not believe it. Apparently, a spokesman or spokeswoman for the SEC said it and the WH has not issued a position statement yet. No statement would generally indicate the WH will support or not interfere. Why do you ask what you ask?

I did read the link. I just tend to dismiss these types of things if they can't get the person or persons names in the article in question. Also, I have no prior administration experience to draw on for inferences, which is why I asked.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs