The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

New Bill Will Require Payroll Information as it Relates to Sex, Race, Nat'l Origi

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#16New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 22:30:49
@raditz Said

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21547885/

Except women do take more time off.

You're clearly prejudice against men, or just don't know what you're talking about. Try actually knowing what you're talking about before you give it a shot in the future.

From your article:
Quote:
?It?s horrible to say, but men in the office will say she doesn?t take her career seriously when a woman takes time off for family reasons,? he explains. ?They?ll think: ?We can?t depend on her. If Billy breaks his arm she won?t show up for the presentation.??

That just hurts.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#17New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 22:43:58
In all reality, things like performance differences will probably be swept away by the mass of data and included in the margin of error.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#18New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 22:48:33
And here is a link for you raditz that shows that the very thing you are dissing in regards to women is the VERY THING that has helped women fair better than their male counterparts in the recession.
Link

Since your argument was women hold less value, it appears to not hold a lot of weight in the overall big picture of the economy and workplace.
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#19New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 23:05:10
@GSnap Said

BS raditz! You said and I quote: So, yeah, over all women have less experience than men and an overall less worth to the company.

How could they have equal experience if they are on the job less?

Quote:
That is a bunch of crock. Your link says NOTHING about women being less experienced and LESS VALUE to the company. You added that because of your prejudice.

ANd I am not prejudice against men because I am SMART enough to know that there are some men who out produce women, but there are many women who OUTPRODUCE men. Both sexes can bring value and experience to the company.

Some men outproduce women, but many women outproduce men.....your prejudice isn't showing, is it? l ol

Quote:
This link is about absenteeism, this is NOT a link about who is more valuable on the job raditz.

I know it's about absenteeism, which have been the focus of a majority of my posts in this thread.

Quote:
If you are going to use a link as your source of reference, don't put words into the link and twist it for your own agenda. And there are some careers where women dominate and perform better, some where men dominate and do better.

What words did I add that weren't there? Women take more time off then men?
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#20New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 23:06:23
@GSnap Said

And here is a link for you raditz that shows that the very thing you are dissing in regards to women is the VERY THING that has helped women fair better than their male counterparts in the recession.
Link

Since your argument was women hold less value, it appears to not hold a lot of weight in the overall big picture of the economy and workplace.

You're crying women make less than men, and then you post an article showing they are doing better than men.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#21New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 23:11:05
@raditz Said

You're crying women make less than men, and then you post an article showing they are doing better than men.

Where did I cry about women making less than men? There you go again, adding whatever you feel like it to suit your agenda.

There are many different types of skills and value that men and women add to jobs, they can be very different types some of the time, and that is very tough to measure.

Like I said you just make up stuff to suit your agenda so I'm really done with this. I never "cried" about anything on this topic for that matter, just clearing up your nonsense about women not adding as much value to the workplace as men.

You are looking for an argument, and I'm not in the mood to continue to argue these ridiculous plays on words that you like to pull.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#22New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 00:01:36
@raditz Said

This administration seems to have a goal of crippling small businesses (The enemy as the Chosen One would say) and the economy. Oh well, only about two and a half years till he's gone.

And what are you going to do if Obama gets a 2nd term?

Chicago, Illinois
#23New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 00:02:36
@jackmcg Said

Congress is considering a new bill, backed by the White House, that will create a new federal database to store your payroll information as it relates to sex, race and national origin; personal identity information does not appear to be included. https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/69746

I know, its from CNS, a media source that the left of center consider non-credible. However, CNS has been accurate in picking up news that the larger (credible?) media do not. I attempted to find this story in all the large media groups, nothing there.

Business groups are complaining the bill will further hurt small business and the economy as new restrictions and/or penalties against potential employers will keep businesses from hiring.

So what's wrong with this?

Chicago, Illinois
#24New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 00:17:25
@raditz Said

Maybe it's not her work performance that is 80% of a man's, but women do take more time away from work. Kid gets sick, she takes time off. Time to have a kid, more time off. Kid has a program at school, more time off. Also, women generally miss more work than her male co-workers.

Also, a lot of women take a leave from work when they have kids. So, yeah, over all women have less experience than men and an overall less worth to the company.

Yeah, what about us women that DON'T have kids? To my company, i'am worth just as much as any man doing the SAME dam job!
jackmcg On August 20, 2010

Deleted

West Chester, Pennsylvania
#25New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 03:20:24
@raditz Said

Yes.

I directed a group of people in an investigatory capacity for many years. The female detectives performed the same as the male detectives. Some of the women were better than some of the men and vice versa.

In my last job for a very large corporation, our female crime analyst, in my opinion, was better at her job than the VP that ran our group, and my bet is that she could easily have done his job better than he could.

Deleted

#26New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 03:23:24
@Spinkiegirl Said

So what's wrong with this?

I don't know that there is anything wrong with it. Its another record keeping area with which business may have to contend. Someone must do it, takes more time, costs some more money and a few more people may not be hired into another critical area because of it.
fractal7221 On November 08, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
#27New Post! Jul 25, 2010 @ 23:41:23
There are simply too many variables in determining salary that don't appear to be included. Experience is a big one that doesn't appear to get major consideration in this new law.

Time of hire makes a big difference too. If you got hired before the recession your starting pay would likely be higher at many places than if you got hired today. Simply supply and demand for labor. Any company that tried to improve their diversity right now might appear like they are discriminating against minorities, but the root cause for the pay discrepancy would be the recession.

Also, many positions in a company are unique or have only a few people with that title. Its difficult to make judgments on whether their is a major discrepancy in pay when you don't have a statistically relevant sample size.

When you leave out many of the variables its easy to data mine some huge pay discrepancies against companies you have a problem with.

Deleted

#28New Post! Jul 26, 2010 @ 13:39:18
@fractal7221 Said

There are simply too many variables in determining salary that don't appear to be included. Experience is a big one that doesn't appear to get major consideration in this new law.

Time of hire makes a big difference too. If you got hired before the recession your starting pay would likely be higher at many places than if you got hired today. Simply supply and demand for labor. Any company that tried to improve their diversity right now might appear like they are discriminating against minorities, but the root cause for the pay discrepancy would be the recession.

Also, many positions in a company are unique or have only a few people with that title. Its difficult to make judgments on whether their is a major discrepancy in pay when you don't have a statistically relevant sample size.

When you leave out many of the variables its easy to data mine some huge pay discrepancies against companies you have a problem with.

A dead center hit, I think. My kids are grown and, thankfully, employed, but they and their friends have talked of just what you state. New people being hired in similar positions are being offered much lower pay than they may have been offered at start up. Experienced workers trying to get another job or move between them are saying the old statement of "You're overqualified" is rampant through the workforce. The companies seem to have found a convenient way to lower costs of employment.

Chicago, Illinois
#29New Post! Jul 27, 2010 @ 01:56:59
@jackmcg Said

I don't know that there is anything wrong with it. Its another record keeping area with which business may have to contend. Someone must do it, takes more time, costs some more money and a few more people may not be hired into another critical area because of it.

Our govt. hasn't worked for some 200 years or so now, and unless the two parties in charge start finding a way to work together towards the SAME goal......we will be f***ed no matter who sits in the oval office!

Deleted

#30New Post! Jul 27, 2010 @ 13:13:51
@Spinkiegirl Said

Our govt. hasn't worked for some 200 years or so now, and unless the two parties in charge start finding a way to work together towards the SAME goal......we will be f***ed no matter who sits in the oval office!

How do you get the opposing political parties to that point? It all comes back to whose in office and who are they, really. The system isn't the problem as much as the people we've elected to oversee and manage it. Different thread, but I still maintain term limits and voter enforced behavior restrictions on all politicians can have a marked effect.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs