Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 02:13:22
@ninozara Said

YES! Especially when you consider that most diseases that are vaccinated against are extremely dangerous to pregnant women and their unborn children.

I think it should be law that they are vaccinated before they start school, or nursery (or any daycare facility tbh)

@Kristy69 Said

98% of the time, you MUST be vaccinated before you go to school (at least here in the US).

Most if not all unvaccinated children are homeschooled (my cousin was).
But that doesn't mean that they don't have the risk of catching and infecting others. They still go to playgrounds and other public places.

Nobody knows their child or family history better than the parent, no parent would say no to a vaccine unless they really thought it would be detrimental to the health of their baby, so to legislate this would just be one more step towards a nanny state IMO.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 02:19:49
@Kristy69 Said

98% of the time, you MUST be vaccinated before you go to school (at least here in the US).

Most if not all unvaccinated children are homeschooled (my cousin was).
But that doesn't mean that they don't have the risk of catching and infecting others. They still go to playgrounds and other public places.

I don't think you do here, as I went to school but didn't have the normal 'baby' vaccinations until I was 14, and I had friends who had the diseases. And then there are certain vaccines you don't have till school over here. And then for some things (Tuberculosis comes to mind) some hospitals offer the vaccine for babies, other hospitals don't...

Yeah, but school or daycare is a more enclosed space, so it is more likely to spread. Like for parents who are worried about Autism or whatever, well by 3/4ish they would be safe to have the vaccine then. But I suppose if it is done younger they won't have traumatic needle memories
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 02:32:19
@Karma_Junkie Said

Nobody knows their child or family history better than the parent, no parent would say no to a vaccine unless they really thought it would be detrimental to the health of their baby, so to legislate this would just be one more step towards a nanny state IMO.

But I think a lot of parents would say no without really knowing/understanding the facts, because of media or here'say, thinking they were doing the right thing. My Mum for example, almost did that. Because Autism is in our family, she didn't want my brother to get the MMR jab and he didn't until he was over 2 (and I was 14). Even then, she was offered the three separate injections for him.

So I think a good Dr would sit and go through all the concerns with a parent, and try to come up with something that they would all be happy with. And they can test for immunity first to try and minimise the vaccines needed.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#19New Post! Jul 15, 2010 @ 02:41:12
@Karma_Junkie Said

But this isn't just affecting their child, it's potentially harmful to others; other kids/babies/toddlers, the elderly, pregnant women, ect.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs