The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

NASA now tasked with building Muslim "self esteem"...???

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#76New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 10:32:17
@someone_else Said

Actually, I thought 'pride' and 'patriot' were desecrated by gun toting, intolerant idiots who think that the US is the greatest country in the world. But regardless of why...they just don't sit well anymore.

Owning a firearm does not make one an "idiot" or intolerant.
I still consider the US the greatest country in the world( apparently so do the flood of illegals from all over the world who risk their lives daily to get in) in spite of people who think like you.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#77New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 12:54:09
@Charlemagne Said

Not NASA's job.

NASA's own mission statement:

"To understand and protect our home planet, To explore the Universe and search for life, and To inspire the next generation of explorers... as only NASA can."

It doesn't say "to inspire the next generation of non-Muslim explorers."

So this action does fall within the realm of NASA. Try again.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#78New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 12:57:07
I don't think I've ever seen a thread started by Charlemagne that doesn't, at some point, mention immigrants. Even in a thread he started that has nothing to do with it.

Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#79New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 12:58:51
@Charlemagne Said

If you look a little closer, you'll see that there's 3 or 4 posters here who consistently attack me on a personal level rather than the content of my posts.

I consider Islam a threat to Western civilization and all the values and ideals like free speech, that the West holds dear.

I also consider illegal alien invasion to be a very real threat to American sovereignty.

Since those two topics are of interest to me, I post about them, but since I'm not an appeaser or Amnesty advocate for 40 million lawbreakers, I'm a hater. I'm pretty sure it's liberals I hate.

It's ironic how anyone with any national pride is considered a bigot while crooked politicians selling out this nation are re-elected.

So you hate brown people. You're not the only one.
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#80New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 14:09:04
@jonnythan Said

So you hate brown people. You're not the only one.

I have no problem with anyone who is a citizen and not part of a subculture busily working towards the overthrow of life as I know it in this country.

Do I prefer the company of white people? Yes. All day long.
Most natural thing in the world since I happen to be white.

I reject your predictable attempts to define all conservatives as haters.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#81New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 14:18:38
@Charlemagne Said

Owning a firearm does not make one an "idiot" or intolerant.
I still consider the US the greatest country in the world( apparently so do the flood of illegals from all over the world who risk their lives daily to get in) in spite of people who think like you.

I didn't say owning a firearm made them idiots. They were idiots and/or intolerant and also possessed a firearm.

I think the US is one of the greatest counties in the world. Not the best. Just as there are floods of illegals coming into our country, there are still quite a few who wouldn't leave the country they are in to come here.

Being better than a crappy country and easy to get into illegally doesn't automatically make you the greatest.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#82New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 14:21:00
@Charlemagne Said

I have no problem with anyone who is a citizen and not part of a subculture busily working towards the overthrow of life as I know it in this country.

Do I prefer the company of white people? Yes. All day long.
Most natural thing in the world since I happen to be white.

I reject your predictable attempts to define all conservatives as haters.

You're OK if you're brown. As long as you're the right religion and ethnicity kinda brown.

So yeah, Brown Person. You're fine. I'd just rather not be in your physical presence because you're brown. Have a nice day.
fractal7221 On November 08, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
#83New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 22:50:28
@boxerdc Said

I don't see why we shouldn't use every avenue that we have available to change the opinions of the muslim world about us. They are indirectly responsible for the computer age, in that they "invented" the concept of a zero sum and applied it to mathematics, without which we would not have binary codes.

I, and nearly everyone else here knows that you'd rather perpetuate the hatred and mistrust that exists between our two cultures, but the vast majority of people on this earth would rather just be left alone, to live and let live..

Changing the hearts and minds of people doesn't happen overnight, and it doesn't happen to mobs.. it happens one person at a time, and using every chance we get to to that seems prudent to me.

Hows that for a comment?

To the best of my knowledge binary dates back to India. And technically the Mayans were using zero before Islam or Christianity were even religions.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs