Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Karma_Junkie On September 18, 2011
Miss Dizzy Bastard

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Jul 09, 2010 @ 01:31:13
@chisa96 Said

You know, for the first two years after our baby was born I found the idea of sex really unappealing as well. I don't really know why; I simply didn't want it. And I know that my guy took it personally and didn't understand and was becoming frustrated with it as well. I would have talked to him about it and I did try to explain the problem, but it was tough and any explanation I could come up with was grabbing at straws because I simply didn't know myself what the problem was.

But over the past year our sex life has become fantastic again and whatever the problem was, I am over it. And we both have a wonderful time in bed and have a great little family because he never once cheated on me as a solution.

Thats not uncommon after childbirth and for the following 2 years as im told it takes 2 years for your hormones to settle down again and return to normal. I had 3 kids at two year intervals My poor hubby
MagicBus On June 23, 2014

Boondocks USA,
#32New Post! Jul 09, 2010 @ 01:32:44
@Karma_Junkie Said

Thats not uncommon after childbirth and for the following 2 years as im told it takes 2 years for your hormones to settle down again and return to normal. I had 3 kids at two year intervals My poor hubby

note to self : dont have kids
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#33New Post! Jul 09, 2010 @ 01:45:13
@Karma_Junkie Said

Yeah... He did not think that through.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#34New Post! Jul 09, 2010 @ 01:45:55
talk to your wife. f*** your buddies advice, when she leaves you, youll go live with them?

buddies give stupid advice.
Eastender On August 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Falkland Islands (Islas Malv
#35New Post! Jul 09, 2010 @ 14:39:17
@grasshopper Said

And damn dang proud of it sister!

Why? All it means is youre like a nun - Dont want nun, never had nun, aint likely to get nun!
Rawrsh On December 22, 2010

Deleted

Donegal, Ireland
#37New Post! Jul 09, 2010 @ 14:51:50
@Eastender Said

Cheers! Im gonna put off marriage til 40.

Same All married people ever seem to do is complain about how tough it is...I think I'll pass!
lil_bear01 On February 18, 2011

Deleted

In my igloo, Canada
#38New Post! Jul 09, 2010 @ 14:53:08
@chachi Said

Guys always jokingly say, "I had all the sex I ever wanted, then I got married." It's a funny statement but there's also some truth behind it. But why does it have to be that way?

I have known my wife for nearly 13 years and I love her very much. We have a little 3 year old daughter and there never seems to be any "us" time anymore. We have always had a pretty healthy sex life but things have gotten rather cold over the last several years. I've tried talking to her about it but she never wants to address the topic. Then I get depressed. My buddies tell me that I should go have a fling with some girl.

What should I do?

Don't have all the facts at hand here, but maybe you can try to start 'dating' her all over again. Phone calls, flowers (if she's into that), find a sitter without her knowing and take her out to a restaurant or away for a weekend.

As I stated, I don't know all the facts or if these things will help any, but romancing her and showing her that you're still very attracted to her shouldn't hurt anything.

Good Luck! There may be many reasons she doesn't want to talk about it, maybe she's confused about this herself and feels ashamed and unattractive and many more possibilities. GENTLY is definitely the way to go.

If per chance you have decided to take the advice of people telling you to 'have a fling' then it tells me you've already decided to throw the towel in on this relationship and please have the common decency to tell her it's over before you decide to take your 'for lack of a better word' lust to another woman.
Rawrsh On December 22, 2010

Deleted

Donegal, Ireland
#39New Post! Jul 09, 2010 @ 14:55:41
@KAMPA Said

You are wrong words beginning with an H get an AN!

Well he spelled grammar wrong
pixiee On December 09, 2011

Ottawa, Canada
#41New Post! Jul 09, 2010 @ 15:02:53
Marriage is a journey that partners go through together.. Life gets in the way of intimacy and time to be together... Before you were married getting your partners attention and pushing her buttons were probably top priority. Now there's bils, children, daily life gets routine... Take some time and wow her. My ex used to think that simply showing his little fella to me was foreplay... NOT!!!! If sex stops after marriage it's usually because romance and truly appreciating the little things does too. Time and energy levels are taken up by the demands to be Mommy..

Sex and marriage can be compared to summer rains.. sometimes there are droughts and sometimes it pours.. Be patient, considerate and respectful and one of these days it will pour again . Good luck..
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#42New Post! Jul 09, 2010 @ 16:35:27
@Eastender Said

Why? All it means is youre like a nun - Dont want nun, never had nun, aint likely to get nun!

Give it up, you can't convince me.
chachi On October 25, 2018

Sacramento,
#43New Post! Jul 11, 2010 @ 06:58:15
Again, all excellent advice.

Our relationship isn't based on sex but I do enjoy being intimate with my wife. I will need to reevaluate my perspective on certain aspects of our relationship. The idea of dating my wife again seems like a good option to try. Tossing in the towel on 13+ years would never be an easy thing to do and certainly not a very good option at all.
pixiee On December 09, 2011

Ottawa, Canada
#44New Post! Jul 11, 2010 @ 07:32:09
@chachi Said

The idea of dating my wife again seems like a good option to try. Tossing in the towel on 13+ years would never be an easy thing to do and certainly not a very good option at all.

If you are going to date someone.. it may as well be your wife.. Seriously though good for you. Enjoy yourself and make her feel special..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs